Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool Duet ht M# WFW9400SW01 Problem

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 delawaredrew

delawaredrew

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:30 PM

A bad rotary encoder on User Interface (display) board or just a bad UI board can cause selection issues and explain weird code on screen, does wobbling knob around cause selection to jump around? Also pop the top off and look for cut or abraded wires going to UI and at CCU.

As for the lock; if lock is engaging, that usually means the pin switch is reporting the closed door and allowing the lock to throw. There is a second switch that tells CCU (Main Control) that lock is engaged, that would cause a door lock error if not functional. The more expensive thing is if the CCU isn't seeing the lock switches due to internal CCU error. I've seen both parts fail.

To answer your question : the CCU holds programming and cycle info in EEPROM, if that is corrupted your CCU is dead, or at least beyond reasonable repair.

Edited by delawaredrew, 30 April 2012 - 03:30 PM.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#22 MENINBLK

MENINBLK

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:33 PM

I placed an order today for the Main Control Board (W10319813).
http://www.repaircli...ber=WFW9400SW01

I hope this will cause the laundry demons to eradicate.

I will let you know soon...

Pete...
Thanks,

Pete...

#23 MENINBLK

MENINBLK

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:51 PM

Installed part today and it seems that the demons have been banished for now.

I am going to let Tsunade Hokage return to her laundry duties and see if she notices.

Enjoy the beer !!!

Pete...
Thanks,

Pete...

#24 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,382 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:05 PM

Nice job, Pete! Domo for the followup report. Samurai wuvs a happy ending. :wub:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics