Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
Seashell

Frigidaire GLTF2940ES0 Front Load Washer Won't Spin

8 posts in this topic

My washer won't enter the fast spin. The door locks, the washer drains, everything but spin. When it gets to the final drain and spin it only drains, then goes to the slow tumble and turns off with 7 minutes left on it's clock. Any ideas?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

... The door locks,

Any Error Codes ?

does the Door lock ?

Does the Door really lock ?

When it's trying to Spin, unplug the Power Cord from the Wall Outlet.

Can you then open the Door right away,

OR only after a few minutes ?

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=154&N=1531974

01235823.jpg

The door locks and I am not getting any error codes. I can hear the lock click in when I hit Start, and I can hear it unlock at the end. The washer doesn't even attempt to start the fast spin. I tried unplugging the machine to see if it would reset and it still does the same thing.

When it's trying to Spin, unplug the Power Cord from the Wall Outlet.

Can you then open the Door right away,

OR only after a few minutes ?

Reading: the essential skill for effective communications in Internet forums. :geek:

Point taken :thumbsup: I unplugged the machine when it should have gone into the spin, the door was able to open right away. I see the link you have above for the door lock part if you tell me that is what needs to be replaced.

yes

Thank you---I've taken the door lock off and have ordered a new one to be here Wednesday! Will let you know if all is good then---sure looks like it will be!