Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

The days of Monkey Boy Service Calls are over...

Click here to check out our fun short course and learn how to get the most out of Appliantology.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
steveklein

Knobs for GE gas cooktop model # JGP933WEC2WW

5 posts in this topic

My dear wife managed to melt two of the plastic knobs for our GE gas cooktop model # JGP933WEC2WW, also known as JGP933.

I like to use the links on this website to buy parts from RepairClinic.com because:

1. The Samurai gets a small commission when I use his link, and
  2. It just so happens that RepairClinic is about a 30-minute drive, so I can get the parts same-day if I need them. Even when I have a part shipped, it only takes 1 days to get it.

Anyway, it turns out that the knobs are a whopping $17.35 each! That's a lot of money for a tiny piece of plastic and an even tinier piece of metal.

Do less expensive knobs exist? Maybe something generic?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Maybe if you don't mind black Knobs .....

Well, I wouldn't mind, but my wife would! In any event, your posts made me think to search repairclinic.com for all GE range/stove/oven "knob, dial, or button parts," and I found several that look identical, and which costs under $4 each!

I think I'm going to order this one for $3.30.

Thank you! (And if you ever need Mac help, feel free to ask!)

I think I'm going to order this one for $3.30.

Don't think that one will work as it is for an electric range and has an "H" shaped opening (see close-ups). the White knobs that I posted were the best I could come up with that look like they will fit, and are significantly less expensive.

Your Knobs have a "large D" shaped hole, and it is also important to match the flat spot in relation to the knob's indicator

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0