Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

MikeAndKatie

Frigidaire LTF2940FE1 won't drain or spin

10 posts in this topic

My Frigidaire LTF2940FE1 (Front loading) will not drain or spin. My wife is messing with it right now, and apparently it did spin slowly for a second, then went back to not spinning. There is standing water in it.

I have it pulled out from the wall, and read on another forum to check the drain hose/pump to make sure there is no blockage, which I assume from reading these forums is something I'll be told to do too. I can't figure out how to get to the insides though. The other forum said to remove the lower left and right screws from the front lower panel. On this model there doesn't appear to be a real front panel, just the bottom is designed to look like a panel (I think it's all one piece of metal from what I can tell, so there is no panel to remove). I could be wrong, but I don't see screws anywhere on the front other than around the inside of the door.

Should I remove the back panel? What is your advise? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

it won't Spin until it's Drained

Is the Pump running ?

R0710036-00002.png

The screws are at the bottom of the front panel, you may have to tilt the machine back a little to see and remove them.

Thanks for the quick reply with schematic. I was able to get the front lower panel off once I saw the picture. (and like DurhamAppliance said, I had to tilt the machine to get to them).

I do not know if the pump was running. My wife said "Something was running" but she doesn't know what. I don't myself know what the pump would sound like verse the motor.

I am going to attempt to check for clogs in the drain hose, will reply as soon as finished with that. Not entirely sure what to check, so I'll be looking for any hoses that come off easily. If there is something in particular I should make sure to check, please let me know.

The List

4 Hair Clips

1 Hair other type of clip

1 Hair Scrunchie type thing

1 soda can top

2 screws

1 drill bit (?!)

1 twig

1 leaf

2 paper clips

1 earing

1 penny

And it still should have been working. What broke it?

2 Purex Washing Sheets. These things are woven threaded material that don't disintegrate, and are suppose to be used for washing (detergent and such is contained inside of them). Those things are completely clogging it. My wife has declared she will never use those again.

It's running it's test cycle now. It turned on, water is flowing in, and it's spinning. I'll know in 25 more minutes, but it looks like it's working as normal now. Thank you all for the help you provided. Indeed, the Craptrap Enema worked. Thanks again, I appreciate it!

the Craptrap Enema worked.

Gold Jerry, Gold !

Gold Jerry, Gold !

Uh oh....this thread is giving me an idea for a Christmas song......

Maestro please :boohoo:

On the 5th day of re-pair

my washer's pump gave to me

5 hair scrunchie thiiinnggggs

4 drill bits

3 soda tops

2 paper clips

and other stuff of mikeandkatie.

ugggh! :no: let's just say it's a work in progress . Never fear though, a Thanksgiving song is already in the bag :yes: .

why do they call it ovaltine? the jar is round...the glass is round...