Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
paket

GE Dishwasher GLD5611L20WW arms not spinning, no noise

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone

I have a GE QuietPower III dishwasher.

When I turn it on, I hear a hissing noise, which I assume is water entering the dishwasher. It stops after a bit, but I don't hear the arms spinning, no ka-thunka -ka-thunka noise which would tell me that the dishwasher is working. When I open it up. there is about an inch of water on the bottom and the heating element is hot (very hot).

Any ideas?

thx

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Is the Motor / Pump running ?

remove the ToeKick Panel; for a better look / listen / feel

Your pump motor is locked up. Remove the lower front toe kick panel. With the door un latched and or the power off,reach in and reverse the fan blades on the motor by turning them counter clockwise until they break free. You will have to turn them with one hand while holding them in that position to re-grip and turn again until you feel it moving freely. Once they move freely,re-apply power and start the dishwasher. If they do not break loose,remove the filter cover inside the dishwasher right hand side and feel for any obstruction in the drain basin. If no obstruction and the fan blades don't turn your pump motor is seized.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0