Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Fisher & Paykel GWL11 - Lint on clothes after washing

GWL11

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Mugenlude

Mugenlude

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 05:37 PM

I read the washing machine FAQ on the old site, the first 'test' listed is to fill washing machine, then advance cycle to spin... if it takes longer than 90 seconds to drain the washer then it says something is clogged in the drain...

I did the test, and it took about 4m30s to drain, however, the water was forcefully being pushed out of the drain hose into my drain sink, and it was that way for the entire spin cycle... if there wasn't a time listed on the FAQ I would have assume that the water was exiting the washer correctly. So my question is this.....

Is this just a general comment and maybe my washer is different? it drains through a single garden hose type drain hose, and again, it's really flowing out of there.

If this is in fact the my problem, what would the recommended course of action to clean out my drain?

Thanks,
-Jason

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 06 November 2011 - 05:42 PM

it drains through a single garden hose type drain hose,

What is the approximate inside diameter of the hose, should be an inch or more - no kinks. Sometimes those get a sock or other objects between tubs that plug pump/outlet
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 Mugenlude

Mugenlude

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 05:52 PM

it's about an inch, but it is the hose that came with the wash machine. With the amount of flow that I have going into the tub I have a very hard time believing that anything is clogged in there...

When reading threw the owners manual looking for troubleshooting ideas I found this paragraph in the owners manual...

<quote>Automatic Lint System
Your Ecosmart has a self cleaning lint system. It automatically separates the lint from the wash
water, trapping the lint between the inner basket and outer tub and flushing it out at the end of
the wash.</quote>

#4 SANTA

SANTA

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Windsor/Molson

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:53 PM

4 min 30 seconds is an extremely long drain time for any machine. Somethin aint right with that. You sure it's not putting water in at the same time it's draining?

#5 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,811 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:59 PM

Diverter valve may be clogged or broken.
Scott Wolf

#6 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,160 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:03 AM

That is too much time for draining, need to look for obstruction in pump, hoses, and diverter valve
" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#7 DADoESTX

DADoESTX

Kohai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Iced tea with a spike of earl grey

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:10 PM

Regards to linting ... there's an accessory lint filter available from F&P. Part Number 426451P. It's a nylon sock gizmo that inserts down inside the agitator. Must be manually pulled out for cleaning. F&P sent one to me at no charge upon asking, but can't say if they'll always do that. SearsPartsDirect.com lists it at $46.49.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics