Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Fridaire front load machine sucks in a little water then stops responding LTF2140ES0

drain fridaire wont run through cycles help LTF2140ES0

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Darryl Schweitzer

Darryl Schweitzer

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:26 PM

Hello my Fridaire Front Load wash machine model number LTF2140ES0 is not running through any cycles. When I set the dial and press start the door locks and it sucks in a little bit of water and then just stops. The door stays locked and the LED's all stay on but the machine itself doesn't do anything. When I hit the stop button it unlocks the door and won't drain or anything like that. I am wondering if this sounds like a problem which could be fixed easily or if its going to be more trouble then anything else. I have an older machine to take its place but the front load has water in it and I would like to know how to drain that. I really appreciate any advice I could get on the subject thank you in advance!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,689 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:44 PM

What happens when you manually move it to DRAIN/SPIN?

The last one I had that did the same thing was a faulty motor control board in the bottom of the machine.

Tech sheet should be found in the bottom taped to the side panel inside the machine.
Scott Wolf

#3 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,369 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:12 PM

I would also check pump and dispenser door.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,706 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:46 PM

Get the tech sheet from behind the bottom front panel and try putting the machine into diagnostic mode. Do tell.

#5 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 08 November 2011 - 01:18 AM

... and the LED's all stay on

that may be an Error Code ...
http://fixitnow.com/...nt-load-washer/

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics