Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

mark460

FRT221RSH

8 posts in this topic

Frigidaire refrigerator is about 10 years old. It just started getting warm and the compressor is running non stop. I'm trying to load the sticky for the flowchart for warm refrig but it doesn't seem to be loading on my computer. In the meantime, is 10 years about the life expectancy for this type of refrigerater? does anyone have any ideas of what to check or know if it would be worth repairing this refrigerator. Thanks

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

FRT221RSH

maybe

FRT22IRSH

May need to post a picture of the Evaporator Coils behind the back wall inside the Freezer

You are pretty lucky if you get 10 years out of any of the newer Frigidaire refrigerators. I see so many more Frigidaires with failing sealed system then any other brands, (many of them only being 5 to 7 years old and sealed system failure).

Check the evaporator coil for ice buildup. This could be a fail to defrost issue. Also feel the small refrigerant tube leaving the compressor,it should be hot to the touch. If it is not hot you have a refrigerant leak or compressor pump failure. Low amp draw on the compressor (1 amp or less) would indicate low refrigerant.

You are pretty lucky if you get 10 years out of any of the newer Frigidaire refrigerators. I see so many more Frigidaires with failing sealed system then any other brands, (many of them only being 5 to 7 years old and sealed system failure).

if you go to the City's recycling center, you'd be amazed at the number of new fridges about to be crushed. The majority of the new ones being crushed? Frigidaire

I've heard, however, that they've cleaned up their act recently

Edited by DurhamAppliance

Thanks for the input. Which brand of refrigerators has the best record for reliability and life? Thanks

Question not answerable. It's a gamble, like buying fruit. :)

1 person likes this

it may also depend on what brand of Compressor they use in any new model...

There may be some brands / models to stay away from ...

Post your suggested purchase here and we may have some thoughts...