Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Softline Thor washer-dryer combo XQG65-11

Fast spin cycle issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Gh Rider

Gh Rider

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:15 PM

Hi,

We have Softline Thor washer-dryer combo model XQG65-11. The final spin (fast) cycle doesn't kick in. I can hear the motor noise but doesn't do the fast spin. The pump is getting the watter out in the previous step .... so I kind of rule out the pump being the issue for now.
I read through the forums and I already tried couple of things.

- Cleaned up the compound in the front ( and drained the water ) but there were no coins or pins inside
- Set the timer at the last fast spin cycle and tried to open the door but the door stayed closed and didn't open ( ... I'm not rulling out the latch (MicroDelay ) on the door being an issue though ... but the door didn't open )

Now the interesting part. I opened the back on the washer ( there is cover ) and 2 short thick rubber hose pieces (about 3 iches tall, a bit less than a quater thick) falled ... those were just lose ... see attached picture ( I put a quater for size compare ) ... what are those for ??

The machine was serviced many months ago and timer was replaced. My wife is often messing with the timer, changing steps back and forth .. for "better" cloth washing ... anyway

According to the wife , that same problem with last fast spin not kicking in has happened before but after leaving the machine for 30min to "cool down" the fast spin cycle was starting again.

I was thinking to buy new door latch ( micro delay PART NUMBER: WD-7100-16) ... and too replace the timer with the old one ... and see what the result is going to be

Does anyone have any suggestions what the problem might be (again, fast spin cycle is not kicking in but everything else is working as should be )?

Attached Files

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Gh Rider

Gh Rider

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:25 PM

Here is what pic of the door latch(micro delay )

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics