Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Understanding Tech Sheets

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,813 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 16 November 2005 - 08:09 AM

Tech sheets are very brief but essential documentation of the key information needed to troubleshoot an appliance. They typically include such information as wiring diagrams and schematics, timing charts, resistance values of key components, ladder diagrams, etc.

Most appliances sold in Ameedica today have a technician's cheat sheet (or "tech sheet) cleverly hidden inside them somewhere. Finding it sometimes be a challenge all by itself. But then once you do find it, you've got to know how to read it, understand it, and interpret it. This excellent tutorial from Whirlpool Corporation can help you understand and use a tech sheet to troubleshoot and fix your appliances: 

Understanding Tech Sheets 

Recommended reading: Making Basic Electrical Measurements

Edited by Samurai Appliance Repair Man, 19 August 2014 - 11:04 AM.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Downer

Downer

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 03:17 AM

This is very useful, is ther one for maytag?

I'm having a lot of problems with my Maytag Washers/Dryer machine bec of over use that is:)

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,813 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 09:55 AM

Dear grasshopper, oh grasshopper... a tech sheet is a tech sheet is a tech sheet. If you understand one, you understand 'em all. The essence of your question reveals that you have not snatched the pebbles from my hand. Now you must walk the red hot stones.

#4 Lurker_TheMechanic_*

Lurker_TheMechanic_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 01 September 2006 - 05:42 AM

Is there anymore material that goes in-depth a little more.  Maybe a little more easier to understand.

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,813 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 05:53 AM

TheMechanic wrote:

... goes in-depth a little more ...a little more easier to understand.

These are mutually exclusive criteria! You are saying, in effect, "I don't even understand the material contained in the wonderful document that you have so thoughtfully posted for me yet, I was wondering if, perchance, you have something even more technically complex and bewildering?"

To which I sagaciously reply, "Dear grasshopper, oh grasshopper, know ye not that ye are babes who must suckle milk before ye are ready for the full meat of wisdom? Go, therefore, and imbibe deeply on the pearls that I, even I the Samurai, have posted unto thee."

Can I hear an, "Amen?"

#6 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 01 September 2006 - 07:47 AM

:soapbox:
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#7 RedToryTy

RedToryTy

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Guinness Stout

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:12 PM

Oh, merciful and wise Sensei, please post another link for me, a lowly grasshopper, because the scoundrel to whom you have linked us for tech sheet information has dishonored you by removing the link. Do as you will with him, but educate we lowly grasshoppahs. Domo.
Mr. Tyrus Lee Smith
Owner-Operator, Smith's Appliance Service
701 Baldwin Falls Road
Baldwin, Georgia 30511-2108
706-778-3411

#8 LLAMBERT

LLAMBERT

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Stone Ruination IPA

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:20 PM

And remember, when you are done with the tech sheet "THOU SHALL RETURN IT TO THE PROPER PLACE UNDER PENALTY OF DEATH"
Why? I came into this game for the action, the excitement. Go anywhere, travel light, get in, get out, wherever there's trouble, a man alone. Now they got the whole country sectioned off, you can't make a move without a form

#9 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 08 March 2011 - 01:42 AM

Can I hear an, "Amen?"

How 'bout a "Hello Newman !"
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#10 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,607 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 10:40 AM

Ya go over to the customers home to repair the dishwasher and the tech sheet is missing. Ya gotta ask the customer " Where is the tech. sheet"???? The customer says " I removed it so it will not get lost "......... I say " do you have it " ?? The customer says " I can't find it"...... :wallbash: Visualize hands around customers throat.... OR, how about you are putting the tech sheet back in the sleeve on the toe plate and the customer says " I'll take that and put it with the rest of my paperwork"... I sez " No, I will put it here, the next technician will be look for it here "......Customer sez." But it will get lost under there "........ You almost end up in a tugging match over the tech. sheet. <_<

#11 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Havoc

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:What's on tap?

Posted 25 December 2011 - 09:34 AM

"THOU SHALL RETURN IT TO THE PROPER PLACE UNDER PENALTY OF DEATH"

Or just add it to my colletion of tech sheets that I'll never look at again...

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect or represent the views and opinions held by my employer. All data and information provided is for informational purposes only.

Big Brother

#12 tommytech

tommytech

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:guiness

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:56 PM

AMEN!! ALWAYS always AND NEVER NEVER REMOVE TECH SHEET!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics