Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shawnna

How to install pedestal WDP4R on LG WM2350HRC and LG DLG2351R?

13 posts in this topic

Does anyone have LG pedestal model WDP4R installation instructions for my new LG washer (WM2350HRC) and dryer (DLG2351R)?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

LDP4* Installation & Service Manual

158467-1.pdf

edited because I was clearly not finished with this whole question.

:)

Edited by Shawnna

Ok - one more question please.

In reading through this installation manual, it appears that I can lay the washer and dryer on their backs and install the pedestals that way. Or am I not reading it correctly?

that would be for un-installing

that would be for un-installing

*sigh* Damn. Ok. I think I'm going to have to hire someone to install these for me. I don't want it done wrong and with the gas dryer and all, I'd rather pay a professional. Now.... to find an appropriate professional. :-)

If you lay the machines over BEFORE you remove the shipping materials you should be safe

If you lay the machines over BEFORE you remove the shipping materials you should be safe

So to be sure I'm understanding, I can remove the outer cardboard box but leave the washer and dryer in the styrofoam shipping thingies and then I can lay them down and install the pedestals?

And does anyone know of a good LG appliance installer in the So King county area of Puget Sound (so of Seattle)?

Ok - so I'm really hoping these brand new units come with an installation manual. I'm assuming those are inside or underneath the machine somewhere to protect the innards from being bounced around while shipping, right?

(3) Shipping Bolts on back of Washer, but none used on Dryer

But I don't understand why it's OK to lay the Washer on it's back to UN-install the pedestals (per LDP4 manual)

Evidently no harm in just laying Washer on it's back without the Shipping Bolts.

I think it may have something to do with aligning the Washer & Pedestals during installation.

The "uninstall" instructions for the pedestals in the manual appear to require dismantling of the pedestal itself - which I'm finding a little difficult to understand.

The pedestals I bought were attached to a washer and dryer just a day prior to my buying them - unattached but completely assembled/intact.

:kopkrab:

My challenge is I have no one here to help me so am pretty much going to have to hire some able bodied individuals to help me to this. Given that, I might as well hire a professional to do the whole job.

:yes:

Anyone with an idea how to find someone to do that? craigslist, maybe? What do I look for? Appliance repair? Plumber? Electrician? not quite sure how to search for a professional installer for these units once they get here so I would very much appreciate your help - as always.

B)

not craig's list for anything ...

are there any neighbors that could help you lift it,

or should be able to just lay it on it's back carefully

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0