Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

How to install pedestal WDP4R on LG WM2350HRC and LG DLG2351R?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Shawnna

Shawnna

Sōhei

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:04 PM

Does anyone have LG pedestal model WDP4R installation instructions for my new LG washer (WM2350HRC) and dryer (DLG2351R)?
"The only thing we found that makes the emptiness bearable is................... each other."

From the movie "Contact"

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:16 PM

LDP4* Installation & Service Manual
158467-1.pdf

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 Shawnna

Shawnna

Sōhei

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 05:01 PM

edited because I was clearly not finished with this whole question.

:)

Edited by Shawnna, 13 November 2011 - 10:43 PM.

"The only thing we found that makes the emptiness bearable is................... each other."

From the movie "Contact"

#4 Shawnna

Shawnna

Sōhei

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 05:47 PM

Ok - one more question please.

In reading through this installation manual, it appears that I can lay the washer and dryer on their backs and install the pedestals that way. Or am I not reading it correctly?

From the movie "Contact"

#5 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:26 PM

that would be for un-installing

#6 Shawnna

Shawnna

Sōhei

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:02 PM

that would be for un-installing

*sigh* Damn. Ok. I think I'm going to have to hire someone to install these for me. I don't want it done wrong and with the gas dryer and all, I'd rather pay a professional. Now.... to find an appropriate professional. :-)

From the movie "Contact"

#7 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:07 PM

If you lay the machines over BEFORE you remove the shipping materials you should be safe
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#8 Shawnna

Shawnna

Sōhei

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:44 PM

If you lay the machines over BEFORE you remove the shipping materials you should be safe

So to be sure I'm understanding, I can remove the outer cardboard box but leave the washer and dryer in the styrofoam shipping thingies and then I can lay them down and install the pedestals?

And does anyone know of a good LG appliance installer in the So King county area of Puget Sound (so of Seattle)?

From the movie "Contact"

#9 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:47 PM

Before you remove these:  http://www.repaircli...FR3159D/1266805

01046222.jpg

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#10 Shawnna

Shawnna

Sōhei

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:53 PM

Ok - so I'm really hoping these brand new units come with an installation manual. I'm assuming those are inside or underneath the machine somewhere to protect the innards from being bounced around while shipping, right?

From the movie "Contact"

#11 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:33 PM

(3) Shipping Bolts on back of Washer, but none used on Dryer
But I don't understand why it's OK to lay the Washer on it's back to UN-install the pedestals (per LDP4 manual)
Evidently no harm in just laying Washer on it's back without the Shipping Bolts.
I think it may have something to do with aligning the Washer & Pedestals during installation.

#12 Shawnna

Shawnna

Sōhei

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:36 AM

The "uninstall" instructions for the pedestals in the manual appear to require dismantling of the pedestal itself - which I'm finding a little difficult to understand.

The pedestals I bought were attached to a washer and dryer just a day prior to my buying them - unattached but completely assembled/intact.

:kopkrab:

My challenge is I have no one here to help me so am pretty much going to have to hire some able bodied individuals to help me to this. Given that, I might as well hire a professional to do the whole job.

:yes:

Anyone with an idea how to find someone to do that? craigslist, maybe? What do I look for? Appliance repair? Plumber? Electrician? not quite sure how to search for a professional installer for these units once they get here so I would very much appreciate your help - as always.

B)

From the movie "Contact"

#13 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:03 AM

not craig's list for anything ...
are there any neighbors that could help you lift it,
or should be able to just lay it on it's back carefully

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics