Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

bosch wfr2450 Axxis+ washer wont spin, how to get error codes?

bosch washer error diagnostic

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bluedarter

bluedarter

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:pale ale

Posted 13 November 2011 - 04:19 PM

My Bosch WFR2450 doesn't spin, in wash cycle the drum does not rotate. Fills with water then sits there. How do I get the diagnostic error codes?
Thnx.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 bluedarter

bluedarter

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:33 PM

I figured out how to get the error codes, and the motor test fails with error 10. My guess is that it is the motor brushes. My husband and I took the back cover off the washer and the front kick panel, and he messed with the brushes but couldn't figure out how to get the brushes out. The washer is now working, but clearly the brushes need to be replaced.

How do we get the brushes out so that he can get new ones?
Thanks.

#3 Comstock_Services

Comstock_Services

Wine is fine but Whiskey is quicker

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Tito's Vodka,Shiner Blonde, Shiner Bock

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:08 PM

double check that model number please, as it's not coming up for me. please read it directly from the model and serial number tag.

Insert smart ass remark here____

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

http://www.mrappliance.com/coastalbend

#4 bluedarter

bluedarter

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:04 PM

http://laundry.manua...0_wfr_2460.html

Thanks anyway.

#5 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:17 PM

double check that model number please,

it's a valid model number

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#6 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:30 PM

Pretty good video, but gotta disagree with a few points in it - "All Electric Motors have brushes" - that couldn't be further from the truth, in fact MOST of the motors that we, as appliance people, deal with DO NOT have brushes.
Also the brush he extracted from the motor he said "Shows no Visible Signs of Damage" - to me, the end of it that contacts the commutator has a clear strip burnt into it where it was perhaps not making full contact. Since I do not (have not) seen very many brushes, it would look suspicious to me.
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

How to replace the motor brushes in a Bosch WFR2450 Axxis+ washer

By Samurai Appliance Repair Man in Samurai Appliance Repair Man's Blog, on 16 November 2011 - 06:54 AM

If your Bosch washer won't spin or tumble, or the motor makes weird growling noises, you may need to replace the carbon brushes in the motor.

Here's the part link to the replacement brush set ==> http://www.repaircli.../154740/1043249

And here's a...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics