Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kitchenaid Fridge KSBP25FKSS01

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Tronicsmasta

Tronicsmasta

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:46 AM

'ello,

Ok this is driving me nuts.

Customer Complaint:
Crushed ice only from door. No water from dispenser. Plenty of ice.

Found 3 wires cut at the lower door hinge.(Blue, White/red, Violet) I repaired the broken wires and got the water dispenser and crushed/cubed working. Somewhere while repairing, I shorted the Blue wire to ground... saw some sparks *oops i let some smoke out*... now I have no auger motor or selenoid... Its kind of driving me crazy... any ideas?

Also, I have no idea how to get off the outer dispenser assembly off so I can check the switches in the door...

This model DOES have the optional dispenser lock and optional light switch...

I have wiring diagram for those who want to see it...

thanks!

Q
It is never a bad thing to leave it to the professionals. Inexperience can lead to more damage or risk of injury. You can always call A&E Factory Service (1-800-905-9505), Sears(1-800-469-4663), or local service man you can trust (servicemagic.com).

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:14 AM

Does the Water Valve & Cavity Light still work ?
If so, would seem like a bad Ice Lever Switch OR wiring
Wiring Sheet - 2214447.pdf

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,601 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:52 AM

Also, I have no idea how to get off the outer dispenser assembly off so I can check the switches in the door...

I think I just commented on this type of fridge yesterday. http://www.applianto...__fromsearch__1 Since I am certain you are aware of how to remove a wp dispenser cover, I have to assume you are dealing with a fridge where an SS trim piece covers the pry slots at the bottom of the dispenser cover. If so, you have to remove the long SS trim piece on the edge of the freezer door in order to remove the ss panel on the front of the door. You can remove only one of the edge pieces then slide the ss panel to the left or right depending on which trim piece you removed. If I remember correctly, it may be best to remove the trim piece on the left edge of the door in order to avoid having to deal with the handle. Then remove the SS panel out by sliding it to the left. If not possible, then remove handle side trim and slide panel to right. This will give you access to the screws for the SS trim piece that's covering the dispenser cover slots. Hate to say it but, "welcome to my world." :)

:spacecraft:

Edited by DurhamAppliance, 15 November 2011 - 07:06 AM.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#4 KurtiusInterupptus

KurtiusInterupptus

B.M.F.

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Killians Red

Posted 15 November 2011 - 07:11 AM

I like to kick the balls off the designer who first got the idea to put matching wood panels on appliances... always a little extra pain in my ass...
of course I realize these are stainless, but the theory is the same.
As every cockroach knows , thriving on poisons is the secret of success.

#5 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,601 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 15 November 2011 - 07:28 AM

Yep sucks. And it is the only fridge that I ever cracked a dispenser cover. The cover was wedged tightly against the top ss trim piece. And when I pried the bottom of the trim off....crack! I probably could have hidden it from the customer. But we are all honorable, are we not?
Though not too honorable to do the following to the designer :kopkrab: :deal: :stupid: :smileymoon: :boid: :urinate: :fouetaa: :bangin:

Edited by DurhamAppliance, 15 November 2011 - 07:31 AM.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#6 Tronicsmasta

Tronicsmasta

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:00 AM

Reg,

I think you are thinking a problem with the ice maker... my problem is the motor that turns the ice bucket auger and its selenoid...

Thanks Durham.. ill give it a shot.

Q
It is never a bad thing to leave it to the professionals. Inexperience can lead to more damage or risk of injury. You can always call A&E Factory Service (1-800-905-9505), Sears(1-800-469-4663), or local service man you can trust (servicemagic.com).

#7 Tronicsmasta

Tronicsmasta

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:30 AM

Oh and reg yes they both work. Everything works but the ice bucket auger motor and selenoid. I am thinking when the wire shorted it opened up somewhere else... If the blue wore were severed... What wouldnt work? I couldnt find a strip circuit and that diagram makes me want to cry lol

#8 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:16 AM

Reg,
I think you are thinking a problem with the ice maker... my problem is the motor that turns the ice bucket auger and its selenoid...

notice the Blue wire that goes to the ice Dispenser Motor and to the Plunger Solenoid
It connects to the Ice Lever Switch (on the Dispenser panel)

Posted Image

#9 Tronicsmasta

Tronicsmasta

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:19 PM

thanks guys! it fixed it :)

When the blue wire shorted, it opened the ice lever switch. My hero's!

#10 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:57 PM

:whistling:

#11 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,054 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 21 November 2011 - 06:33 PM

Looks like Master Reg done gave another insolent appliance the Badger State Smackdown™. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics