Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Lost with the new appliances? The Samurai teaches you Circuit Fu…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Todd123

Maytag jetclean dishwasher MDC5100AWB control board

3 posts in this topic

My Maytag Jetclean dishwasher MDC5100AWB control board has a badly burned resistor (looks like R300 but can't really tell as the PCB is burned very badly too, it's right next to the blue relay on the side closest to the edge of the board) on the control board (part number 99002823). Here's a pic of the board and offending resistor:

http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n606/heatpipe1/IMG00074-20111029-1642.jpg

I completed the "sales floor demo" successfully, smelled something burning and opened the control board area and the resistor fell out.

I don't want to buy a new board and fry it, so I'd like to simply replace the resistor to continue trouble shooting but can't read the color bands. Unfortunately, all the pics on line of people selling the control boards are not clear enough to read the color bands. Maytag and the other parts people I've contacted have been ZERO help.

Can anyone out there post a pic or tell me the resistance/color bands? Also any info on what failed in the dishwasher to cause the burned resistor in the first place would be much appreciated.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Unfortunately, the picture is not of sufficient detail to read the color bands :(