Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

4 diff. symptoms on icemaker no workee Whirlpool GS6NBEXRS00

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bigbigtex

bigbigtex

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:iced coffee

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:00 PM

Where do I start? This icebox has been such a pain! I'll list out the problems and what I've tested so far.

Unit does not make or dispense ice at all. The temp in the freezer is 10-12 degrees.

1. No water fills the tray. I checked the water fill rubber hose with 2 feet of string and the line is clear.

2. I slidd the icemaker unit out and checked the control module with the T & H test (door flap AND light switch taped down and also not taped down). I got no movement, no sound, no nothing, either way.

3. On the LED ice level sensor test, light flashes when opening door. When I hold down the tab, the red light stays on solid.

4. Door ice dispenser is totally non-functional. It does not rotate the auger. When I press the ice dispense button, there is only a quiet clicking (like it is kinda trying to activate). The water flow in the dispenser is OK. I did not open up and test the drive motor.

When I got this far, I stopped diagnosing. All that seems left to fail is the water inlet valve.

What is your advice for the next steps? Thanks!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 KurtiusInterupptus

KurtiusInterupptus

B.M.F.

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Killians Red

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:20 PM

Sounds like 2 problems...optics appear ok based on solid lite when flap held in...not frozen in fill tube (string test)...only thing left is inlet valve...easy test...go to the valve and using a cheater cord (careful now!) And connect 120vac directly to the I/m valve...
if water flows, valve is good. If not bad valve.
will need a meter to test auger motor inside frezzer door (see access panel?)
check the two innermost wires on the plug for 120 vac while a helper holds the door switch and pushes the cradle switch.
voltage present? Bad auger motor.
As every cockroach knows , thriving on poisons is the secret of success.

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,865 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:06 PM

Part links:

Augur motor ==> Drive Motor

Water inlet valve ==> Water Inlet Valve

#4 bigbigtex

bigbigtex

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:57 AM

KurtiusInterupptus -

1. do you have a instructional webpage for the two tests you mentioned? (I do have a voltmeter to use.)

2. Are you saying the control module is needing replacing or is it still inconclusive until I do water valve test?
Thanks!

#5 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:08 AM

measure for 120v AC between L and N on IceMaker Module
Is there Ice already in the IceMaker Mold ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#6 bigbigtex

bigbigtex

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:40 AM

There were small slivers of ice in the molds... maybe a tenth of full sized cubes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics