4 diff. symptoms on icemaker no workee Whirlpool GS6NBEXRS00
Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:00 PM
Unit does not make or dispense ice at all. The temp in the freezer is 10-12 degrees.
1. No water fills the tray. I checked the water fill rubber hose with 2 feet of string and the line is clear.
2. I slidd the icemaker unit out and checked the control module with the T & H test (door flap AND light switch taped down and also not taped down). I got no movement, no sound, no nothing, either way.
3. On the LED ice level sensor test, light flashes when opening door. When I hold down the tab, the red light stays on solid.
4. Door ice dispenser is totally non-functional. It does not rotate the auger. When I press the ice dispense button, there is only a quiet clicking (like it is kinda trying to activate). The water flow in the dispenser is OK. I did not open up and test the drive motor.
When I got this far, I stopped diagnosing. All that seems left to fail is the water inlet valve.
What is your advice for the next steps? Thanks!
Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:20 PM
if water flows, valve is good. If not bad valve.
will need a meter to test auger motor inside frezzer door (see access panel?)
check the two innermost wires on the plug for 120 vac while a helper holds the door switch and pushes the cradle switch.
voltage present? Bad auger motor.
- Samurai Appliance Repair Man, kdog and Comstock_Services like this
Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:40 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users