Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of Appliantology? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE WBSR3140G5WW wont agitate aggressively

washer agitate ge 3140

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 cdavidson

cdavidson

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:06 AM

Washer is 1.5 yrs old. Is rarely used in vacation home. Maybe 30 times. The machine wont agitate aggressively. all other functions appear operational.
What could this be?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Comstock_Services

Comstock_Services

Wine is fine but Whiskey is quicker

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Tito's Vodka,Shiner Blonde, Shiner Bock

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:50 AM

GE washers do not typically agitate very hard, at least in my opinion. You can check the belt tension, and you can verify that the motor is operating in both low and high by testing different cycles. Like normal vs. delicates, you should notice a lage difference between the speeds, in those two cycles. Does it seem to spin ok? By this I mean does it seem to wring out most of the clothes, when it does a spin cycle?
Insert smart ass remark here____

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

http://www.mrappliance.com/coastalbend

#3 cdavidson

cdavidson

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:05 AM

Yes the clothes seem to be well wrung. i unplugged the machine and plugged it back in to hopefully reset what ever it might have going on on the board. The heavy cycle made more noise than usual but I have not tested it w laundry yet and the lid switch keeps me for watching it. There is an LED light on the board that blinking steadily green when it is plugged in.
Is there a way to defeat the lid switch while trouble shooting this thing?
I have noticed a slight rubber smell in the kitchen off the laundry room and I did not put the two together. I'll check the tension tomorrow. Ive not notived any belt noise though so I didnt suspect that but it makes sense to look at it.

#4 Comstock_Services

Comstock_Services

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:16 AM

to defeat the lid switch you can use a magnet, lay it on the sensor, and it should wash and spin. Please be careful while you have the lid open.Posted Image

part 388 in the above break down.

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#5 cdavidson

cdavidson

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:23 AM

Great. How is the front panel supposed to be removed? I thought the top popped out first then the bottom. That's not how it went. The bottom came out and the top will not come out. It sort of hinges upward which Im sure is wrong but it allowed me to look inside. Now I cant get the bottom back on the hook. I may have bent the top clips ?????
I bet you get a kick out of hearing/picturing the goofy stuff folks do to their machines! :teehee:

A bit of swearing seems to help ease the tension.

Thanks

#6 Comstock_Services

Comstock_Services

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:35 AM

lol its all good, to remove the front pannel, there are 2 clips at the top, you'll need a putty knife or a flat head screw driver to pry up on the clips at the top. If you look they are pn 373 in the break down above. When you go to put it back together put the front on the bottom clips first then, just push it into place.

#7 cdavidson

cdavidson

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:43 AM

Ahhh...you just saved the face a my washer.
I knew there had to be an easier way than just ripping it off. I was about to..trust me.

Thanks for your help. I'll report back with results.
Not the way I like spending a day off but what the heck.
Fixing a new one is better than buying a new, new one.

#8 jumptrout

jumptrout

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:15 AM

Check the agitator coupler underneath the agitator. It may be loose or stripped.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics