Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Miele 2470 optima dishwasher f70

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JMastand

JMastand

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:00 PM

Hopefully someone familiar with these dishwashers can help. Our 3 year old dishwasher has stopped working AGAIN!
About a year ago, we had a problem....and $300 later it was 'fixed'. I'm trying to avoid another service call.

intake/drain light comes on less than a minute after starting. no water enters machine, though when non return valve is opened, about a cup of flows into the bottom. All filters were cleaned.

Called Miele and they had me go through the fault program, where the f 70 fault appeared. Rep said it was probably due to using too much soap. They said they'd schedule a service person to come out but that company called to say they don't service my area. Before I call again, and potentially have to wait a week or more for a rep to come, I want to see whether there is actually water or soap in the bottom 'pan'. I purchased a torx screwdriver and took off the skirt cover. I read that i now need to remove the center panel. I've taken out those screws but don't know how the panel comes off or lifts. Any ideas?
thank you!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:06 PM

First thing you should hear is the drain pump running - if there was water in the lower pan the drain pump would run continuously. Check for obstruction where the drain hose is connected to your drain plumbing.

What was the issue/resolve a year ago ?

Service Manuals locked and loaded
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 JMastand

JMastand

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:57 PM

Thanks kdog. Yes drain pump did run for a while, then stopped with consistant beep. Checked the drain hose, cleaned out white filter inside...no obstructions.

How do I open the panel underneath unit.

#4 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:40 PM

Nope - you have to remove and tip the unit to access anything - if you have an F70 the drain pump will continue to run until unit is unplugged - even if you turn it off.
If you start the machine, describe the series of events until the intake/drain light flashes.
Some of these had an issue with the water meter circuit board located on the l.h. side of unit about halfway up under the cabinet panel. Again, has to be pulled out to access (see a pattern here) - You never did say what occured a year ago .......
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics