Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Fisher and Paykel MW059AU Washing Machine Will Not Drain

MW059AU wont drain

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 genscar

genscar

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:24 AM

Hi there, I have a Fisher and Paykel washing machine Model Number: MW059AU. Sometimes when I start a cycle it will fill, and wash as it should but when it comes time to drain the water for the first time it will try for maybe 30 seconds or so and water seems to come out but then it stops and beeps every second with the lights on the wash indicator showing up as 00100101.

I held down the Water Temp Down button and powered it on then pressed the spin speed button up until the hold and slow lights were lit and the led sequence that shows up is

off off on off off on off on

Continuing to press the spin speed up button results in other light combinations appearing as well but I am not sure what any of the light combinations mean or if they are error codes or not. I can go out and get all the combinations off the machine if it is required.

I have tried looking around for the service manual but I am unable to find one, a friend of mine thinks that it may have a clogged pump or something to that effect but I am not sure what the LED combination means on the top of the machine. One interesting thing is that sometimes (rarely) it will complete a cycle with no problems, most times it will not, advancing the cycle does nothing however switching the power off at the wall for at least 60 seconds then powering it back on allows it to turn on and be at the same stage of the cycle pressing the start button will make it resume the cycle and drain the water with no errors then rinse, spin and complete.

Thanks for your time

Regards
Genscar

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Comstock_Services

Comstock_Services

Wine is fine but Whiskey is quicker

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Tito's Vodka,Shiner Blonde, Shiner Bock

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:19 PM

is the water still in the tub? I'm not real positive what the light mean, as I haven't worked on a F&P washer in quite some time. I would recomend that first you find a way to remove the water from the tub, and then check the drain pump, and the diverter, as well for blockages. These to me would be the first places to look for a blickage. I know its for a different washer model, but it may help you if you have a diverter on your machine. http://www.applianto...l-gwl11-washer/

Insert smart ass remark here____

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

http://www.mrappliance.com/coastalbend

#3 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:16 PM

For manuals and lots of other goodies,
become an Apprentice==> http://appliantology.org/apprentice/

37. (001 001 01) Phase 1 to 6 · Pump Blocked Error (No Change in the Water Level)
While draining, the water level reading from the pressure sensor has not changed for over 3 minutes.
There are three likely reasons for this fault.
One is that the drain hose or the pressure switch hose has been squashed or kinked
and the pump out rate has been dramatically reduced.
The second possibility is that the pump is partially or fully blocked.
The third is that the pump is not operating due to Motor Control Module, wiring or pump failure.
This fault could also appear if the SmartDrive is pumping to an unusually high head of drain hose
or into an extended length of drain hose.
The fourth possibility is a diverter valve fault or blockage.
The water level is not altering as the diverter is stuck in the recirculation mode,
giving the module the appearance the pump is not lowering the water level.

Primary Source: Pump System.
Action: 1. Check that the drain hose has not been kinked.
2. Check the length of the drain hose and try to reduce the length if excessively long.
A 1 metre extension hose of the same diameter fitted to the existing drain hose is the maximum allowable length.
3. Check for open circuit windings in the pump.
(Note: Pumps are fitted with a thermal cut-out that will reset on cooling.)
4. If the bowl is empty of water, remove the pump from the pump housing and check that it is not blocked.
Also check the drain hose is not blocked.
5. If the bowl contains water, then service the pump from the top of the SmartDrive by removing the top deck and inner bowl.
Bail out the water, remove the pump cap and hood and clear the restriction.

Secondary Source: Wiring.
Action: 1. Check the pump harness IS connected correctly to the pump.
2. Check continuity of the pump harness.

Tertiary Source: Motor Control Module.
Action: Activate the pump by operating the SmartDrive in spin mode.
Check the pump is rotating.
If it is not operating, and Primary and Secondary checks have been performed,
then replace the Motor Control Module.
Note: Consider fitting Pump Hood Kit (Technical Bulletin WM013).
If 5kg SmartDrive, fit splash guard to pump.

Quaternary Source: Diverter Valve failure (Phase 5 and 6 Eco's).
Action: Check the diverter valve, see fault code 51.

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#4 genscar

genscar

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:16 PM

Thanks for your help, we will check the pump at some point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics