Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Jenn Air oldie but goodie Microwave - blt in - need disc. part!!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jfhogan

jfhogan

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 01:02 PM

I have a 1986 Model M 145 Jenn Aire Microwave. The display suddently locked on all characters brightly lit and the soft touch keypad is unresponsive. So I think the circuit board is shot. I understand this part, no. 766173 is no longer made! Problem is, this is a nice built in and I have no idea how I'd be able to replace this cost effectively. Does anyone know if the problem I have is indeed related to a bad circuit board? And if it is, where I could possibly find a replacement? I called Maytag authorized repair and they told me I should replace the oven under this microwave too! Whoa! Help!

Thanks,

John

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 27,934 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 30 April 2005 - 01:38 PM

See if one of these guys can repair it for you.

#3 jfhogan

jfhogan

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 05:28 AM

Thanks - that sounds like a good possibility (actually 3 possibilities).  Would you strongly caution me against removing the timer assembly myself?  One of the timer repair sites suggests I could cause a fire and should have a pro do it.  This microwave is like working on my old 68 chevy (I could stand inside the engine compartment) and it "looks" like I could easily take out the timer.  But I don't want a bunch of tiny screws falling every which way either.

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 27,934 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 01 May 2005 - 05:49 AM

Not sure what he's referring to other than the capacitor that holds 2,000 volts even when unplugged.  Just be sure to unplug the microwave and discharge the capacitor before doing anything else.  If the microwave is left unplugged, there's no way it can cause a fire. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics