Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
samsissine2

Replace Coiled Fridge Reservoir: Whirlpool ED5LHAXMB10

5 posts in this topic

I have 6 year old Whirlpool side by side. Within the last few weeks I have noticed floating particles in the water dispensed from the dispenser, again. I say again because this happened before back in 2008. At that time I had it repaired professionally only to find out it was the reservoir that needed replacement due to our high calcium water levels. It looks like it will continue to happen about ever 3 years unless we get a water softener system. I did some research online and the part seems to be pretty inexpensive but I am trying to recall what all is needed to be done to replace the coil. I know where to find it but do I need to replace the whole line from the pump to the spout on the door or is it just a internal swap inside the refrigerator where the coil is located? I really appreciate any help.

The part is listed here (RepairClinic). I wanted to check in to see if there are any other parts I need.

Thanks.

Sam

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Just replace the reservoir inside the fridge.. If they replaced it in the past, there may be either compression fittings or john guest connectors inside the fridge. Disconnect the old and replace it with the new. Also make sure that your ice maker mold isn't flaking.

... noticed floating particles in the water dispensed from the dispenser,

... white particals (calcium ?)

Are you sure it's from the dispenser and not in the Ice Cubes

Yeah, we don't use or have it running. You can tell the water is hard by looking at the drip pan below the door spicket. We have a sweet calcium deposit there from drips and small overflows not cleaned up quickly. The deposits go immediately away once the old reservoir was replaced. I am away from home at the moment but I have pulled the drawers out over the weekend and not seen any "either compression fittings or john guest connectors inside the fridge" am I looking in the wrong place or just missing them?

Thanks for the help!

Yeah, we don't use or have it running.

Referring to we don't use the Ice maker or ice in our drinks... Sorry, about that..

They may have made the connections on the outside of the fridge, just below freezer door and then made a direct connection to the valve. That's probably the best way to do it but I've spliced and made connections inside the fridge many times with success.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0