Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Replace Coiled Fridge Reservoir: Whirlpool ED5LHAXMB10

Whirpool floating objects in water ED5LHAXMB10 reservoir

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 samsissine2

samsissine2

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:38 AM

I have 6 year old Whirlpool side by side. Within the last few weeks I have noticed floating particles in the water dispensed from the dispenser, again. I say again because this happened before back in 2008. At that time I had it repaired professionally only to find out it was the reservoir that needed replacement due to our high calcium water levels. It looks like it will continue to happen about ever 3 years unless we get a water softener system. I did some research online and the part seems to be pretty inexpensive but I am trying to recall what all is needed to be done to replace the coil. I know where to find it but do I need to replace the whole line from the pump to the spout on the door or is it just a internal swap inside the refrigerator where the coil is located? I really appreciate any help.

The part is listed here (RepairClinic). I wanted to check in to see if there are any other parts I need.

Thanks.
Sam

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,370 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:03 PM

Just replace the reservoir inside the fridge.. If they replaced it in the past, there may be either compression fittings or john guest connectors inside the fridge. Disconnect the old and replace it with the new. Also make sure that your ice maker mold isn't flaking.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#3 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:41 PM

... noticed floating particles in the water dispensed from the dispenser,

... white particals (calcium ?)
Are you sure it's from the dispenser and not in the Ice Cubes

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#4 samsissine2

samsissine2

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 02:08 PM

Yeah, we don't use or have it running. You can tell the water is hard by looking at the drip pan below the door spicket. We have a sweet calcium deposit there from drips and small overflows not cleaned up quickly. The deposits go immediately away once the old reservoir was replaced. I am away from home at the moment but I have pulled the drawers out over the weekend and not seen any "either compression fittings or john guest connectors inside the fridge" am I looking in the wrong place or just missing them?

Thanks for the help!

Yeah, we don't use or have it running.

Referring to we don't use the Ice maker or ice in our drinks... Sorry, about that..

#5 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,370 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:43 PM

They may have made the connections on the outside of the fridge, just below freezer door and then made a direct connection to the valve. That's probably the best way to do it but I've spliced and made connections inside the fridge many times with success.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics