Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

LG WM2277HW Loud Squeaking on spin cycle

spin noisy lg washer

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pomfritz

pomfritz

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:21 PM

On the spin cycle there is a very loud, continuous squeaking noise. Pushing on the door makes it go away. I have read that this is the subject of a service bulletin and it needs a shim to correct the problem. I called LG and they aren't much help. They directed me to an authorized parts dealer who did not know of this issue or part. I read about this solution in an older thread in these forums but no mention of the part number was given. Can anyone shed some light here?

thanks

Gary

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:34 PM

I read about this solution in an older thread in these forums but no mention of the part number was given.

Are you referring to this thread ? http://www.applianto...h__1#entry26158

During the discussion it was mentioned that 3/16" or 8mm washers were used, it is also a different model than yours, but hey - if it works ............
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 john63

john63

Dean of LG Appliantology

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:35 PM

No part numbers for this correction.

Usually 2 small stainless steel flat washers (small diameter).

Remove the SPRING from the DOOR GASKET.

Peel back the DOOR GASKET (to access the DOOR SWITCH/LOCK ASSY).

Remove the 2 screws from the DOOR SWITCH/LOCK ASSY

Add 2 S/S FLATWASHERS to each screw (place screw in hole---add flatwasher onto screw from *inside* washer---attach switch---turn but don't fully tighten 1st screw)

Takes some finagling---but you'll get it done.

It's best to start with one screw---but turn finger-tight onto the SWITCH ASSY---to allow getting the 2nd flat washer installed.

Edited by john63, 22 November 2011 - 08:37 PM.

To eliminate:

Musty odor

L-O-N-G cycle times

Dingy/yellowing whites

Suds error message

Slow spin speeds

Intermittent water leaks (from rear of washer)

And other annoying symptoms which vary brand-to brand.

Read below:

The *correct* amount of HE (High Efficiency) detergent that should be used in any front load or agitatorless top load washer with tub sizes 3.0 cu ft and larger is as follows:

HE: (2) Tablespoons Per Wash Load

HE 2X: (1) Tablespoon

HE 3X: (1) Teaspoon

Perform a TUB CLEAN CYCLE every (4) months.

Use: "Tide Washing Machine Cleaner"

#4 pomfritz

pomfritz

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:21 PM

Yup that's the thread I was reading, I missed the last part about the washers.

Master Po, thanks for the instructions I will check this out.

#5 pomfritz

pomfritz

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 02:13 PM

Ahhhh silence! two washers for each screw did the job. Putting the spring back on around the gasket was the hardest part. Pretty simple once you know the solution.

Many thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics