Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Onward with the Struggle or New? '99 GE Triton GSD5134D00WW

fight surrender max card ancient triton ge

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 amyla

amyla

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:vintage Armagnac

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:37 PM

Hi. I've got a '99 GE Triton that came with my house, and it stopped cleaning the dishes, then stopped draining. I've finally (many months later) gotten around to trying to fix it. Drain problem is solved (removed rear filters, was nauseated, snaked what there was to snake, ran it through many cycles; any debris is long since anaerobically digested).

It still doesn't clean, though, and through quick door-opening action I see that the lower spray arm isn't spinning. Some water comes out, not enormously forcefully. The little tower in the middle goes up, but the roof of the dw's still dirty.

The gasket around the metal grate's more or less rotted, and this thing is 12 years old. Call it a day or fight on?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:09 PM

That thing already outlasted it's usefullness, time to cut it loose

http://fixitnow.com/...ecommendations/
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 amyla

amyla

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:44 PM

Oh, I dunno, looks like this thread gave me good clue: http://www.applianto...leaning-strike/

...and the DW is now washing merrily away, thanks to manual addition of 2.5 gal hot water from the tap. Spray arms spinning away, water dripping from top. Drains fine. New water inlet valve: $45. New DW plus installation: Minimum of $325 for crapola DW, more for better. I might even spring for having a pro hook it up so's I don't risk setting my house on fire. (Circuit diagrams, I'm just fine. Real-world application: er...better get someone else.) It's also clear that the dead disposal needs...er, cleaning out. Or something. Replacing, eventually. Water backs up in that side of the sink, drains slowly.

:) I'll let you know how it goes. Thank you, Samurai!

-one happy single mom

#4 amyla

amyla

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:48 PM

:P even better, $21 for the part for my model.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fight, surrender, max card, ancient, triton, ge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics