Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

F&P GW709AU problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 applison

applison

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:milk

Posted 24 November 2011 - 03:43 AM

Hi, I'm having a problem with this machine for a while and have just put up with it, but would like to know if its fixable before saving money for a new one.

Basically, it loads fine, both hot and cold ( sometimes it will beep at the beginning, but this is very rare), then after the long/short wash, on the first led of the rinse cycle, it just stops.
It doesn't continue, and the tub is still full of water. Sometimes it will just stay like that, and sometimes it will beep. But it doesn't get past that stage.

The only way to get it going again, which doesn't always work, is to unplug it for a bit, plug it back in and start at the rinse cycle again. But again, sometimes it takes 4 or 5 times of plugging in/out, or several hours before it continues and completes properly.

Is there a way to fix or find out what is the error?

*Also, just in the meantime, that is, when it does work, what is the best way to clean it. At the moment, there is some black looking stuff that attaches itself to the clothes, like lint or something. it looks like grease, but it must be black lint, as it comes off by hand. I remember reading once to do full wash cycle with only hot water and maybe something added ( baking soda? ), but I cant remember exactly.

THANKS!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 applison

applison

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 11:01 AM

pulled some things apart and flipped it on it front 90deg :)

tested the cold and hot inputs with the continuity and on the 200ohm setting

on continuity : Cold = 78/79 Hot = 80
on 200ohm: Cold = 61.6/7 Hot = 62.8/9

On the Motor pump underneath, it looks good, all clean, like new really. I took the plastic cover off where the green socket plugs into.
I tested the two plugs/pins that are close to each other ( that the green socket plugged into):
With the setting on 200ohms it jumps between 34.6-34.9

I unplugged the black output tube as well, nothing in the tube or the holes where the pump goes.
underneath is pretty clean too !

I connected it all back up.

Is there anything I should check/test while its still on it's front, as I want to stand it back up as soon as I can.

Should I spray anything on the motor, wd40 or something?

#3 Comstock_Services

Comstock_Services

Wine is fine but Whiskey is quicker

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Tito's Vodka,Shiner Blonde, Shiner Bock

Posted 26 November 2011 - 02:08 AM

no dont spray anything on the motor. The codes are stored in the memory of the board, to get to them, you'd need to become an apprentice, so that we can get you a service manual. This will also get you a list of what the codes mean, and how to fix it.

Insert smart ass remark here____

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

http://www.mrappliance.com/coastalbend

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 26 November 2011 - 02:54 AM

DIAGNOSTIC MODE
Turn the power on at the power point but off at the machine.
Press and hold the WASH TEMP DOWN button and then the POWER button until the machine gives 2 short beeps and lights up.
Release buttons when the beeps indicate diagnostic mode has been entered.
The SmartOrive is now in diagnostic mode. To obtain the last fault code, (Phases 1, 2 and 3 only, press the ADVANCE button once, then)
press the SPIN SPEED UP button three times so that the Hold and Slow LEOs are illuminated.
The eight wash progress LEDs will now show the last fault in a binary code.
On LW models, there is no window for the Long Wash LED, but the LED is still visible under the panel for diagnostic purposes.
The value of each LED is shown below.
Add up the value of the LEDs illuminated to obtain the fault code number, then refer to the Detailed Fault Codes section of this manual.
Posted Image
for Service Manuals, become an apprentice
http://www.applianto...-special-perks/

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#5 applison

applison

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:59 AM

no dont spray anything on the motor. The codes are stored in the memory of the board, to get to them, you'd need to become an apprentice, so that we can get you a service manual. This will also get you a list of what the codes mean, and how to fix it.

by motor I meant the drain pump/fins :P so its not a good idea to ever spray wd40 onto it?

DIAGNOSTIC MODE

I did that before I did all of the above in my second post, no lights were lit.

It's still on it's front, anything else I can do from underneath before I stand it up again?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics