Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Frigidaire LTF2940ES0 front control

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Everett

Everett

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:cold

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:52 AM

I am trying to put the control panel back in place, but I am having no luck lining up the spinning cycle selector so that it turns and is lined up properly.

First time, I got it in, and it turned, but did not go all the way from "touch up" to "drain/spin". Now, when I think it is lined up properly, the knob does not turn properly when I snap things back in place and then slips.

I am missing some trick. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Comstock_Services

Comstock_Services

Wine is fine but Whiskey is quicker

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Tito's Vodka,Shiner Blonde, Shiner Bock

Posted 26 November 2011 - 02:11 AM

So what you are trying to say, is that the knob on the control pannel has a pointer, to allign with the LED's? Or are you talking about, #31 in the diagram below. I would say that there should be some type of allignment on the shaft #4, to be able to properly line up the cycle selector.Posted Image

Edited by Comstock_Services, 26 November 2011 - 02:14 AM.

Insert smart ass remark here____

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

http://www.mrappliance.com/coastalbend

#3 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 26 November 2011 - 08:53 AM

The black stem has to be installed just right. You slide it in easy till it stops and slowly turn it untill the nub on the shaft drops into the proper position. no force is required, and once you turn the shaft again, it will not pull back out untill returned to the installation position

These are very tricky to get back together correctly.

Nick
" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#4 Everett

Everett

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:cold

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:49 PM

Right, #31.

It seems to get lined up with shaft 4 into the control panel. It's just that it is 180 degrees off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics