Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
victorsmiller

GE fridge TFX22ZPDA ice dispenser stopped working

6 posts in this topic

Starting about a week ago my ice maker stopped making ice. I emptied out the bin and replaced it, but noticed that the wire arm is not all the way down (only about 1/2 way) and I can't get it to go down anymore. I have water supply. The cold water comes out at its usual anemic flow. I popped off the front and checked the gears which look ok. Nothing appears to be stuck in the ice maker. I remember something similar happened about 1 1/2 years ago, and after letting it sit for a few weeks it started working again. I'd like something a little more proactive than that!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Thanks, I'll defer on that. After fiddling around with icemaker to see if I could jog something loose, I just looked at it again, and now the arm is all the way down. Something that I couldn't see (ice?) must have been in the way. I'll wait a day to see if it starts to produce ice.

If your Ice maker stops producing ice, at any point, that is usually a sign of failure, within the ice maker itself. you can remove the ice maker, its only 3 screws and a wire connection.

The icemaker is working again. The problem is that something was blocking the wire arm preventing it from going down all the way. It eventually went down by itself Could it have been a piece of ice that was blocking it? I couldn't see anything.

yes that is possible.