Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wizardry68

maytag quiet plus washer model# LAT9706AAE

5 posts in this topic

maytag washer belt makes a real loud noise and smells like rubber burning. goes to get ready to go into rinse the belt starts to screech. if it doesnt do it then, it starts to do the same in spin. now the only time it wont is if i gotta run down tip machine back and turn the center wheel under washer. it starts off real slow and then starts to spin. my quiet plus is not quiet anymore. when it does spin sounds as if an airplane is getting ready to take off. any suggestions? i replaced the belts last winter. thank you

allen

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

if it sounds like an airplane in the spin cycle, you should be looking for the spin bearing, and possibly a leak from the tub seal, you should pull the front cover off an take a look around inside. There should be 2 screws, or a clip on each side at the bottom of the front pannel.

there is a lil moisture but cannot see a spin bearing. everything else is in a case.

the spin bearing, is actually at the bottom of the transmission on this one if im not mistaken.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0