Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Miele T7644C Tumble Dryer - dead control panel

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 philmang

philmang

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:cristal

Posted 27 November 2011 - 07:03 AM

I have a Miele Tumble Dryer Model T7644C . It has no power indication . Is it possible to get a maintenance manual or wiring diagram for the machine.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:26 PM

Model numbering varies on different continents - P/M'd you the Mechanical Condensing dryer manual
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 philmang

philmang

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:08 PM

I have only now started to look at the power problem. I have 220v at the incoming terminal.Are there any internal fuses which could be causing a problem . The manual which I have does not seem to have a wiring diagram for the machine.

#4 philmang

philmang

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:51 AM

Guys I could really use some help here . Is i possible that anyone has a maintenance manual for this model. Kdog very kindly sent me a manual but its not correct for this machine . I could really do with a wiring diagram if possible . I have done some troubleshooting and the only suspect part I can find is what I think is a thermostat located inside the front cover below the door. I think it monitors the air temp coming from the fan. I have checked it for continuity and it appears to be open. Any ideas ?? thank you.

#5 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:31 PM

Brethren, I beseech you....Is there no one to help this poor friend of the Craft??? I would step up to the plate , but, Alas, I have in all my years in the trade, have yet to see a Miele, of any breadth and girth ...............I know it sounds improbable to not set eyes upon the offended brand, but, I reside in the poor parts of this great country, where I have only worked on but two Viking appliances...............The Gods of Appliantology have blessed me more than once with the opportunity to work on Thermodors of the cooking type.....And a glow covers my face that I have vanquished the offending units into compliance.....So Brothers Of The Craft, please help this poor soul to put this offending unit back to on operational state ................Thank You Brothers and God Bless You.......

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,163 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:37 PM

Well, it's interesting: at the Miele servicer site, they have manuals for the T1500 series and then they jump to the T8000 series. So, either:

- the T1500 series would apply to the T7644C model because a new manual wasn't issued until the T8000 series
- the T1500 manual does not apply but Miele hasn't issued a manual for the T7000 series, for whatever reason
- T7644C is the wrong model number

Confirm the model number for us. If it's correct, I'll send you the manuals for the T1500 and T8000 series.

#7 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:21 PM

note:
  • Location portugal

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#8 philmang

philmang

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:51 AM

Its is definitely Model T7644c. In fact I was looking up parts yesterday and the model is listed. Any feeling for what the problem could be. I have no power indication on the panel. I have checked the Thermistors and the Themostat and they are OK. The door switch is also OK. I have 220v on the incoming terminal block.
Am I missing any fuses or additional cut outs. Would really appreciate any assistance as I bought it to repair and the wifey will kill me if I fail!!!!!

#9 philmang

philmang

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:53 PM

HELP !!!! HELP !!!!

#10 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:06 PM

I can't find any info on that over-seas model ...

#11 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,163 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:15 PM

Its is definitely Model T7644c. In fact I was looking up parts yesterday and the model is listed.

I'm sure the model is listed and that the model number is correct. But it's not a North American model number and that's what all our model number lookup is geared toward.

Did you look at the manual that Grand Master kdog PM'ed you? How does it compare to your dryer?

Have you checked the thermal fuse for continuity?

#12 philmang

philmang

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:32 PM

The manual is different to the model I have. I have checked the following. Thermostat and thermistor. Also checked temperature sensor at the front of the machine. Where do I find the Thermal Fuse or is it one of these components. Do you think it could be a problem with the control board.

#13 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,163 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:51 PM

The thermal fuse is different from either the thermistor or thermostat. Depending on the wiring, an open thermal fuse may kill power to the control panel, though this would be a stupid design, IMHO, and one that I'd be surprised to see Miele implement. Typically, an open thermal fuse kills power to the motor and heating circuits, but not the control circuits and some type of signal is used to alert the operator that the thermal fuse is open, e.g., three fast beeps, for example.

Are you getting power up to the control board?

Do you have the wiring diagram for this dryer?

#14 philmang

philmang

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 06:14 PM

I dont have the wiring diagram for the model which is making my task very difficult. I am not sure if I am getting power to the board because I am not sure of where I should be measuring and what voltages I should be looking for,I have checked the on/off switch for correct operation and that is ok. At a bit of a loss at the moment.

#15 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:06 AM

They build ALOT of different appliances Worldwide, some variations are not available in some markets - it is important to foist establish what the design of the unit is before advising on component locations etc. P/M'd you links to the 8000 series as the Grand Master suggested, the unit you have may be very similar to some models sold here - and as you can see the diagrams are VERY model specific. Let us know if the 8000 info more closely resembles what you are looking at.
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#16 philmang

philmang

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:06 AM

Many thanks for these. They do resemble what I currently have. However the problem I have is that the schematics do not give me an indication of what voltages to expect on the board and where to test. It may be my ignorance but is there a wiring diagram which shows me where to test and what to test for. It may be that this does not exist. It is just driving me crazy that I have no power indication at all on the board , you feel it must be something very simple . But who knows. I will relook at the schematic tonight to see if they shed any light. But please keep thinking about the problem and am extremely greatfull as always for the help and assistance.

#17 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:25 AM

can you scan and post the wiring diagram somewhere ?

#18 philmang

philmang

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:04 PM

I only have the schematic which you sent. I do not have the wiring diagrams if such a thing exists. Sorry if i was not clear in my last note.

#19 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:50 PM

you feel it must be something very simple .

Haven't felt anything yet - trying to determine what machine you have. North American power is 120/240/60Hz, the power in your continent is likely different (220v/50 Hz), so that will determine what voltages you can expect - the diagram that was sent to you is for a North American version of the machine so they will be wired up differently; in the example, the voltage going in to the control would be measured at pins 8/1 and 8/2 of the control - here that would have 120v between those termonals. If your power is 220 then you should see 220 at those pins. If the power is not there, suspect the on/off button (S2) as the culprit.

#20 philmang

philmang

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:59 AM

Thanks will check this out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics