Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Miele Dishwasher G 851 Plus - Intake/Drain flashing

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 tsolecki

tsolecki

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Warsteiner

Posted 27 November 2011 - 12:35 PM

The intake/drain light on my 7 year old Miele DW G851 Plus is lighting up. I've talked to Miele and they sent me drawings to take apart the circulating pump, which I did - and put it back together. Didn't really see anything that would be a problem.

The DW seems to be able complete a rinse and hold cycle, but not a wash cycle, before faulting.

From this site, I have the Diagnostics for the G851, and I think I'm seeing a fault F05 "Water drainage failure, heater level switch".

Since the unit seems to drain ok, I think it might be the heater level switch.

Does this make sense? Can you help me figure out how to prove this one way or another?

Thanks,
Tony

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:29 PM

You are correctum with you diagnosis, very common failure - you'll have to order the Water Heater Level switch from Miele
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 tsolecki

tsolecki

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Warsteiner

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:34 PM

Thank you for your wisdom, Grand Master Funk. Hopefully I can pick up the switch at the Miele HQ north of Toronto tomorrow.

Tony

#4 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:48 PM

Yes their head office is in Vaughan, their parts warehouse is in Brampton
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#5 josefhof

josefhof

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:41 AM

Help needed please! With the help of the service manual from this site, we were able to remove the drain pump motor from the G851 SCi Plus. The impeller initially would not move, but my husband opened the assembly and managed to pull out some bits of broken china from a cooling fan blade with a needlenose pliers. Then he put everything back together (hopefully correctly) and we thought it was going to work! It does seem to run longer than it did before.

Here is what I did and where we are:

1. Ran the diagnostics in service mode 2. It consistently reports at position 9, Fault F08, water intake failure, heater level switch.
2. Whether in the service level one mode or in actual "operation" [I tried several programs, such as rinse and hold, economy, energy saver, etc.] it does the following:
drains for aapprox. 15 seconds
intake sounds for approx. 20 seconds
water pipe sounds with no sounds from dishwasher for about 15 more seconds
washing machine sounds for about 25 seconds, [the spraying arms do turn] then the detergent dispenser pops open (I can hear it pop) then it operates another approx. 15 seconds, then STOPS with that intake/drain light!
3. The water is hot.
4. I cleaned the triple filter and non-return thing AGAIN.

What next? Could my husband have hooked something back up wrong? Could more china bits have worked there way into the motor blades?

Edited by josefhof, 04 September 2012 - 08:46 AM.

#6 josefhof

josefhof

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:00 AM

Update! Using the program time chart (Novotronic G851 SCI Plus) and running the China Setting (Top Solo only) it seems to me that the operation stopped at Step 18. The Heating Column heading says "Heating R1/R2". +H is the code in the Heating column at Step 18.

Again the fault code was position 9 Fault 08, "Water intake failure, heater level switch."

There is a Heating Level Switch (B1/10) at the Circulation Pump. Is that the one they are talking about? If so, how can I find the part number? How can I order one? Should I order one? I guess the part number will be on the part itself but I do not want to disconnect the machine and turn it over just to find the part number.

In the meantime until this problem is fixed, is there a way to bypass this and just use cold water or a different temperature setting? As noted, the water IS getting hot!

Thanks for help. PS the technicial who came to the house did NO diagnosis -- just said it needed a new motor and triple filter. Not ready to put this nice Miele in the junk yard, but calling a repair person (authorized Miele service) resulted in no diagnosis and no repair.

#7 josefhof

josefhof

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:31 PM

PS
Maybe the hot water in the dishwasher was from the hot water service line connection from the home hot water heater and says nothing at all about what the Heating Level Switch is doing or not doing. ??

#8 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:37 PM

You should post a new topic so as not to confuse those who read this thread in the future, sounds like a heater/level switch issue (the one at the front of the sump is the only one) - no part number is on it and you can only buy the part from Miele - call them and they will send you one.

#9 josefhof

josefhof

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:41 AM

Thanks! : )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics