Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Frigidaire FL Washer Model# FAFS4272LW

Adirondack Bob

Hi All, Working on a Frigidaire Front Load Washer Model# FAFS4272LW. It has an E47 error code and will not spin. I replaced the door lock and still no spin. I called Friidaire Tech Support and he said to check for 120 volts on the orange wire to ground at the J7 plug on the control board. If 120 volts, bad control board- if no 120 volts bad door lock or wiring to door lock. By the time I checked for voltage and ohmed out the wire harness it was too late to call back. (There was NOT 120v at orange wire) I guess it is possible to get a bad door lock from the factory, but i'm not sure I believe it. This washer was purchased on 9/06/2011. It has a bad install in that the guy built a platform about 2 feet off the ground and the washer/dryer are sitting on it and there is not a good way to get behind the washer. Is there a way to test if voltage is getting to the Motor control board from the top of the washer? What am I missing? Should I order another door lock? Thank You, Bob

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Adirondack Bob

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

• kdog

I once had 2 in a row off the shelf(didn't look used/installed), don't rule it out - go with a control board and another doorlock (known good ?). Drove me crazy, but the third was the charm !

Thanks kdog, I am doing this for our local appliance dealer and it is still under warranty. I will have them order a control board and door lock. Being that it was an E47, you don't think it would have anything to do with me MCU ? Also, I could get into it and retrieve the error code, but this is the second washer that I could not get into the diagnostic test. This was from the 13737440 Ultra Capacity manual that you had sent me previously where it says to: "Press Cancel to enter stand by, within 10 seconds press any button except Cancel. Within 5 seconds of wake up, turn selector knob to the far left cycle and press and hold the Cancel and the center button under the display simultaneously for 3 seconds to enter the diagnostic mode." I tried 3 or 4 times and could not do it. Thanks, Bob

Update: Frigidaire Tech Support said that with an E47 code, and being that I already replaced the door lock, that I either got a bad door lock from the factory or the control was bad. I ordered another door lock and the control under warranty and still no spin! I remembered a few months back I had an issue with the pressure sensor on an Electrolux washer. I went out to the truck, grabbed a pressure sensor and BINGO! back in business...

• Team Samurai

The pressure sensor!? I would not have guessed that one! Domo for posting the followup on this. :thumbsup: