Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn Circuit Fu, the ancient lost art of appliance repair…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
roberto

Whirlpool Gold Refrig M# GS2KVAXVS01 - how to remove auger motor

9 posts in this topic

Hello.

I need to remove ice auger motor from Whirlpool Gold Side-by-Side Refrigerator Model Number GS2KVAXVS01. Motor is in a very tight spot - Adjacent wire connector is blocking removal. Just moving wire to side does not allow enough travel space for motor. Wondering if I can somehow safely remove the wire connector from the interior wall?

Would any one have a service manual for this unit? Any tips, tricks or advice would be appreciated.

As always, thanks very much

post-60467-0-70252300-1322670118_thumb.j

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Have you already removed the 4 screws holding the motor in? Should be plenty of room to get the motor out...no way I know of to remove that harness from the door...foamed in?

Yes sir. 4 screws have been removed.

Didja pull out the shaft out?

for future reference, check out the diagram below, you gotta pull out the #22 and then you can get to the shaft below the coupler, #30, and #26W0902070-00005.png

Yes sir, the shaft is out. The only thing holding the motor is molded material around the 2 wires as shown in the image above. thank you.

Sorry Roberto. It's just a piece of rubber and the wires right? try prying it past the top of the boot it the door with a screwdriver or sumthin.

Sorry Bro...I have had a hundred of these out and never had a problem...any chance it is frozen in? Is there any play in the motor. At all will it wiggle?!

There is play - very little - right, left and up. I've tried using a putty knife to suppress the wire enough to slide the motor over them. Hasn't worked yet.

Thanks to all for the input so far.