Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to be your own tech line…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mrhudock

GE WDSR2080d Won't spin (or fill)

11 posts in this topic

Afternoon!

I tried to be as detailed as possible in order to narrow down the issue easily.

Basically, went to put wash into dryer and it was soaking wet.

The water seems to have drained because the clothes are just wet, but the machine will not go into "Spin Cycle"

The lid switch seems to work no problem because the machine DOES agitate when the lid is closed.

Also, another part of this problem is that now when I turn the dial to try and start it "as in to turn on the water to start a load" it automatically goes into agitate.

It's almost as if it thinks its full of water. I read a post earlier on another site but can not find it. It said that this brand of washer determines if its full of water with a tube and that it may be blocked, which causes it 1) to not spin because it thinks its full of water & 2) not fill because it thinks its full of water as well.

Does this sound true?

I have the front of the machine off, and I looked all around, but I don't see what hose they are talking about.

I do see their is a little bit of water in the reservoir that appears to be right above the tube for the pump, but when the machine is on that water disappears..... This little bit of water appears to be below the basin level.

**UPDATE**

So, I realized that the pump was pushing the water through the pump and into the hose.. so I took the outlet hose and put it very low level, turned the washer and viola the water in that little reservoir pumped out. However, I question whether or not this was ever even a problem.

However, the pump still continues to make the "chuga chuga chuga chuga" sound and will not begin the spin cycle.... Is it possible that the inlet on the pump is still clogged even though it allowed the remaining water to pour through? Or does it sound more like the water level sensor/tube/switch is malfunctioning and that reservoir of water normally is filled?

Any suggestions please let me know

Thanks a Ton!!!!!

- Josh

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

... GE WDSR2080d

... I tried to be as detailed as possible in order to narrow down the issue easily.

depending on the missing characters at the end of your model number

would determine if you have the standard Motor OR the Inverter Motor

... it is as GE WDSR2080daww

... OK, not an Inverter Motor, but I'm not a Master on that model

maybe one of the other Masters on here are ...

Laying the hose down will always allow water to trickle out, it's supposed to be raised - that's not your issue.

It is possible that the Waterlevel Switch has failed, or the tube/chamber is plugged. should be on the rear of the outer tub, r.h. side. Easier to see if you remove the console facia (4 screws along top), tube connects to switch in console - follow that.

should Spin without Water Level Switch functioning.

Sounds Like a bad Timer (or wiring)

it automatically goes into agitate.

It's almost as if it thinks its full of water.

W/L switch could be "stuck" in the full position

Thanks for all of the great replies. Thankfully that is all it was. Just the "Switch" was stuck. I just rotated it back & forth 3-4 times and it filled and spun no problem.

What a simple free solution!!!! lol If only everything in life would be that easy when it breaks.

Thanks again!!

Josh

... Just the "Switch" was stuck.

what Switch ?

Just the switch mounted right on the top, that says Small Large Super... just turned the dial back and forth a few times :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0