Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Troubleshoot modern appliances with confidence…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
obenourb

Kenmore 110.28892790 - agitates during spin

2 posts in this topic

The old workhorse has lost her mind and now agitates during the attempted spin cycles. Messes up clothes and spin never really works due to the physical resistance. The load had a wrench in the wash (accident) that jammed against the agitator and it was really stuck good. I got the wrench out but the problem started after it was free. Would seem certain these events are connected.

The wash cycle seems to go fine and the drain pump gets the water out. I pulled the agitator out and got the tub to spin and drain and got the last load of clothes out. I could see the agitator shaft remaining pretty constant (not spinning) and trying to agitate the whole time.

What suggestions do you have to restore to full functionality?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0