Kenmore dryer possessed - help!
Posted 30 April 2005 - 01:24 PM
Now, less than 24 hours later, I went up to do a load of laundry. I smelled the scorchy smell and there was a bigger mark on the wall, so I tried to turn on the dryer. Wouldn't work. Went to the fuse box, fuse was again thrown. Went back up and unplugged the dryer, and there's a whole bunch of gunky stuff on the plug. There's also a small line of something that looks like soap coming out of the outlet, but here's the thing - I haven't done any laundry or used any soap since last night. The walls are dry and no soap or liquids are stored above the dryer. My friend also looked inside the outlet while he had it open last night, and there was nothing inside to indicate that there was a leak from inside the wall. Any suggestions? Please?
Posted 30 April 2005 - 01:55 PM
It's dry and crusty to the touch, almost crystallike. It's light green. It's run down the wall from the bottom prong of the outlet, and there's a lot of it on the part you plug into the wall (sorry the word is escaping me at the moment). From the marks on the wall, I'd say it was liquid, but has dried. If this doesn't help, I'll post the pics on Monday.
Posted 30 April 2005 - 02:11 PM
Is your dryer outlet located on an outside wall?
Posted 30 April 2005 - 02:21 PM
Posted 30 April 2005 - 02:28 PM
So, if it is water in there, how do I find it, or stop it?
Posted 30 April 2005 - 02:41 PM
Posted 30 April 2005 - 02:43 PM
Posted 30 April 2005 - 02:47 PM
Posted 30 April 2005 - 02:57 PM
Or, the roof could be fine; might be a leaking pipe.
Bottom line: You got water where it ain't supposed to be and it's coming from somewhere! Your dryer outllet problems are just an early warning sign that there's big trouble in little China.
Posted 30 April 2005 - 02:59 PM
You're great, by the way!
Posted 30 April 2005 - 03:03 PM
Posted 02 May 2005 - 08:29 AM
Posted 02 May 2005 - 08:49 AM
Posted 02 May 2005 - 09:37 AM
Those pictures are freaky! The circuit breaker has done its job by preventing a major electrical fire in your house.
Posted 02 May 2005 - 09:39 AM
Also, and this was very strange, can't remember if I've said this or not. The first time it blew, the stuff was sticky and wet to the touch which is why my electrician friend thought that soap had gotten on it. The second time - dry as can be.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users