Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

417.42142100 Acorns in feed tube from soap drawer?

Front load washer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Toje1

Toje1

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coffee

Posted 02 December 2011 - 03:00 PM

Hello :-)
I have a Kenmore front load washer model 417.42142100 and was away for a couple of weeks hunting. When I got back, the soap drawer had a bunch of small acorns in it. I cleaned those out but realized there were more that had gotten in behind the drawer and fell down in the feed tube to the drum, but not come out in the drum.

DANG MICE!!!! Winter is coming and they want to get in out of the cold.

I figured out how to get the drawer out but now I need to get the acorns out of the feed tube..??? When the washer is filling , water backs up and runs out of the drawer into the floor. HELP!!

It is a great wassher but it is making a mess in my floor and I have a lot of laundry to finish up.
Thanks so much for your help in advance!
James

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 02 December 2011 - 03:09 PM

Locate the duct in the door boot where the water enters and carefully use a vacuum cleaner and piece of wire etc. to clean out the duct. - Once it is clean and water runs freely through it, you may have to perform a "Yee Olde Crap Trap Enema" on the pump/drain system.

More on that here: http://www.applianto...__1#entry206817

http://www.applianto...__1#entry212231
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics