Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Lost with the new appliances? The Samurai teaches you Circuit Fu…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
explorer

Kenmore washer (model # : 11027332600) just fills up, but nothing after that.

9 posts in this topic

My washing machine stopped working halfway through a wash and will not do anything other than fill up with water. I have since replaced the cover lid and capacitor. I have tested the motor for resistance and everything checks OK except for the high speed wires( white and Blue). I am completely stuck and clueless on what to check next.

Thanks

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

( cover lid ) ??? Have you checked the pressure switch ??? how about the lid switch ??? The wire diagram is in the console...If it will fill and then will do nothing ( if the lid is closed )......... Then the biggest culprits are the lid switch or the pressure switch.. ( least culprit is the wire harness is off the motor ).......... use a meter to check continuity............... For us highly trained, razor sharp I.Q. NO non-sense techs, Try this, with the timer in a wash cycle and the knob pulled out, we will remove the pressure hose from the pressure switch, put another hose on the switch , blow gently, does it start to agitate ???? For the lid switch, timer set to spin, just jumper the gray and the black wire......... console end................. ( not the green wire )..............( U shaped insulated wire..NOT a paper clip :yikes: )

( cover lid ) ??? Have you checked the pressure switch ??? how about the lid switch ??? The wire diagram is in the console...If it will fill and then will do nothing ( if the lid is closed )......... Then the biggest culprits are the lid switch or the pressure switch.. ( least culprit is the wire harness is off the motor ).......... use a meter to check continuity............... For us highly trained, razor sharp I.Q. NO non-sense techs, Try this, with the timer in a wash cycle and the knob pulled out, we will remove the pressure hose from the pressure switch, put another hose on the switch , blow gently, does it start to agitate ???? For the lid switch, timer set to spin, just jumper the gray and the black wire......... console end................. ( not the green wire )..............( U shaped insulated wire..NOT a paper clip :yikes: )

Thanks to you for your help, but I wanted to add that the water only fills up to whatever level I set the knob to. Does that mean it could still be the pressure switch? I have already replaced the cover lid switch.

... water only fills up to whatever level I set the knob to. Does that mean it could still be the pressure switch?

could be.. it's a SPDT Switch..

You could test to see if there's 120v AC at the Tan Wire of the Water Level Switch (when it's full)

could be.. it's a SPDT Switch..

You could test to see if there's 120v AC at the Tan Wire of the Water Level Switch (when it's full)

and yes there is 120 v at the tan wire when the water is full. I am starting to thing that it could be my timer.

then at the Wash Motor, there should be

120v AC at the Blue wire

and 0v at the Gray wire

Does the Timer "run" after it's filled ?

then at the Wash Motor, there should be

120v AC at the Blue wire

and 0v at the Gray wire

Does the Timer "run" after it's filled ?

the timer runs after it 's filled but nothing happens below the timer; and also there is no power at the blue wire, nor the yellow or the white with black stripe wire behind the yellow one.