Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
ljoe

whirlpool side by side refrigerator model ED5GVEXVD03 "not working"

5 posts in this topic

my refrigerator quit working, no fans, no noise, only the lights inside come on.

it is about 2 or so years old.

model number ED5GVEXVD03

what should i look at first, etc.?

thanks,

joe

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

There is a defrost timer located inside the temperature control panel You can look from underneath the control panel to see a small round hole. The timer can be turned with a flat blade screwdriver in a clockwise direction. The refrigerator should come on. You will have to replace the timer.

my refrigerator quit working, no fans, no noise, only the lights inside come on.

It just may be that the Fridge is at the correct temperature,

OR in a normal Defrost Cycle .. about 25 minutes..

If I'm not mistaken, this fridge has an adc board and not a mechanical defrost timer. If after 30 minutes and still nothing and your fridge is 41 degrees for over an hour or so as alluded to by Sensei Reg, then you either have a failure of the board or a bad thermostat. You can unplug fridge, access the thermostat, remove the wires connected to it, jump the two wires together (not the ground wire!) reconnect fridge, wait 5 minutes and if the fridge turns on, you need a new thermostat. If not, you need a new adc board.

Part no. 9 is the thermostat, part no 6 is the adc board (note to Master Jumptrout...never rely on the image as depicted on the schematic...looks like a timer but part no is W10351625)

W1005169-00011.png

Edited by DurhamAppliance

You are correct. I did post based upon the diagram display.