Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Bosch HBL742 AUC Built in Convection oven Strange heating problems

Bosch Convection Oven

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jimbraca

jimbraca

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Labatt Blue

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:31 PM

Hello and thanks for this great forum, Wish we would have found when fridge went out.

We have a Bosch HBL 742 A UC that is not heating this is a complex problem.

After a routine ooven cleaning mode, and perfectly functioning oven for the last 4 years

First of all our oven would not stop heating after it was turned off in convection bake mode or conv. broil mode.

We would have have turn the oven power off at the breaker.

Convection Broil functioned properly without issue,
Normal Bake and broil also were fine.

Turkey day, turkey no bakey.... Low heat 180 deg tops.

No worries we have an appliance protection service plan from DTE energy (our electricity/gas provider)

The service tech arrives and I pull the oven out , Turn on Fast Preheat Convection Bake, and it works like a charm.

After the tech preforms a few electrical tests he determines the convection heating element has burned out and has to order the part.

After putting the oven back in, later that evening. Now the broiler both convection and normal broil will not function nor the normal bake. The sad part is we broil most of our dinner items.

Now the fast heat Convection bake and Covection Bake works like a charm.

Somthing tells me that the Covection Heating Element is not the problem.

Any useful thoughts on this problem would be most helpful as so I can be prepared for this technician and hopfully shorten the repair process.

Is there a service manual for this model availble or a wireing diagram?

Thanks again for a great forum, beats the heck out of FixYa

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,031 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:53 AM

It sounds like the control board mighta gotten it's little silicon brains scrambled. To confirm, you would need to get into the manual test procedure, check the configurations for oven type and power supply to make sure they didn't get changed and then manually fire up each element within test mode. The procedure to do this is too long and convoluted to cut n' paste here but is all laid out in the training manual for this range. We provide manuals to Apprentices on request, read more ==> Apprenticeship

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics