Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool Duet Sport HT WFW8400TW00 F-20 codes

f-20 error code whirpool washer ccu

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 gelder4

gelder4

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:14 PM

I have a Whirlpool Duet Sport HT WFW8400TW00 washer which sporadically throws out F-20 codes. Sometimes the code will show up about 7 -10 minutes after the start of a cycle and sometimes it will show up 30 minutes into the cycle.

I've checked the water control valve and hoses for blockage, checked the pressure line and switch, and checked the pump trap. All are OK.

A couple of days ago it decided to throw a F-24 error code, but hasn't occurred since.

In all cases, the errors can be cleared by pressing the cancel button, which allows the washer to cycle to completion.

I ran the diagnostic test which returned a F-01 code. Do you think I need to replace the CCU?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,841 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:00 PM

How's the cold water flow into the washer compared to the hot water flow?

#3 washertech26

washertech26

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:28 PM

This is off the wall but I have been having a lot of issues with the commercial version of the washer the MAH22PR something clogs the pump so it is not draining properly or water leaks into the pump motor housing.. Remove the front service panel have a pan or lean the washer against the wall and clean out the pump then look and see if it has water in it.. Put a flashlight behind it and shake it you can see the water moving.. That is what I would check. Also if water is coming out of the dispenser open the front door pull boot back and look at about 11 oclock for the dispenser hose to the tub.. A lot of times socks get caught in there ... Just a thought

#4 gelder4

gelder4

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:28 PM

How's the cold water flow into the washer compared to the hot water flow?

Cold and hot water flow through the hoses strong and equal.

#5 gelder4

gelder4

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:36 PM

This is off the wall but I have been having a lot of issues with the commercial version of the washer the MAH22PR something clogs the pump so it is not draining properly or water leaks into the pump motor housing.. Remove the front service panel have a pan or lean the washer against the wall and clean out the pump then look and see if it has water in it.. Put a flashlight behind it and shake it you can see the water moving.. That is what I would check. Also if water is coming out of the dispenser open the front door pull boot back and look at about 11 oclock for the dispenser hose to the tub.. A lot of times socks get caught in there ... Just a thought

The washer is sitting on a pedestal so I don't think I will be able to lean it back without taking it off first.

Do mean to remove the door bellows to look for blockage in the dispenser hose? When I first started troubleshooting this problem I did find some loose change and sock at the weep holes in the bellows. Also, I found change and a few bobby pins in the pump trap. When I had the trap out I looked in the pump housing and hose leading from the eco valve, but didn't see anything.

Is it possible to get blockage in the eco valve? It looks like it might be a little tough to get the clamp off.

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,841 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:22 PM

Yowzah, you be's getting a bunch of squirrely codes, could mean lots of different things like the MCU could be loading down the CCU, fer ezzample. Let's split the problem in half and do this MCU test ==> http://fixitnow.com/...ntrol-unit-mcu/

#7 washertech26

washertech26

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:34 PM

You dont have to worry about the eco ball or the hose to the tub in the commercial world we remove the eco balls anyway.... You dont have to remove the boot to get to the dispenser hose just pull the boot back at about 11 oclock like you did at the bottom and you will see the black hose coming into the tub... Sometimes it get clogged up with socks... The rest of your issues I would have to see in person too many weird things happening

#8 gelder4

gelder4

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:48 PM

Samurai and Washertech26,

Don't know how long it's going to last, but the washer has been running the past several days without issues.

When I first attempted to run the Diagnostic Test it failed and displayed a F01 error code. I unplugged the washer while I worked on the pump filter and water control valve. After 10 minutes, or so, I plugged it back in and re-ran the Diagnostic Test. This time it ran through to completion and didn't display the F01 code.

I could have sworn I had unplugged the washer several times previously, so I don't know why the CCU didn't reset then but it appears to me unplugging the washer did the trick.

New question - Is there a way to clear the error history? I would like to start with a clean slate in the event the washer start throwing new codes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics