Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of Appliantology? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Simpson EZIset 750 (22S750M)

will not spin

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Robbo

Robbo

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Tooheys Extra Dry or anything cold

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:14 AM

Clear out the pump

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Robbo

Robbo

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Tooheys Extra Dry or anything cold

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:57 AM

My Simpson would not spin out. I expected a blown start capacitor or stuffed motor. So I sort the net for info and found this site. A helpful member had a wiring diagram and a photo of a burnt out motor which I looked at. I then pulled the back off the machine looking for the fault or a blown capacitor. While looking for the cap I found some impressive electronics and a capacitor the size of a shot glass. Too small I thought but I noticed (U V W) printed beside some terminals on the printed circuit board. Naugh I thought it can’t be but it was. Three phase, this washer has a single to three phase variable frequency drive. That accounts for all the electronics. I then pulled the stator off the motor to reveal a permanent magnet rotor and basic three phase stator. A three phase synchronous motor. I checked the resistance of each winding, equal. Insulation resistance was good. I put the motor back together and looked at the gismo that operates the bowl locking mechanism. It turned out to be a single phase synchronous motor driving a cam and micro switch. All worked OK. I took photos and some video that I will try to upload later. Still the bloody thing did not work. For some reason I did not check the operation of the pump or the simple shaded pole motor, at least that had not changed. The next day I mentioned the problem to my mate Phill. “Had the same problem” said Phill. “Coin stuck in pump. I had to pay some bloke $150 bucks who fixed it in five minutes.” Phill was right. I found stuffing from a pillow blocking the pump. No pump, the water level will not fall so the machine won’t progress to the spin cycle. Good on ya Phill, saved me time and money. I’ll shout him a couple of beers. You get the info for nothing but that is what’s good about these forums. Hope this helps. Cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics