Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE range CS980SN1SS removing control panel

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TheIslandTinker

TheIslandTinker

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Cafe Cristina

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:13 PM

Oh great masters, can you clue me in on how to remove the freakin control panel from this unit? I removed approx. 10 screws underneath the control panel, and I have pulled up and out to the point I know I am about to bend some of that pretty stainless steel. No budge. It is loose along the bottom, but there is something holding it at the top that I can't see. I thought it might just be greasy crud, but I cleaned out the crack between the panel and the cooktop with a putty knife, and still no budge.

Thanks a million,
Tink :tinkerbell:

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 KurtiusInterupptus

KurtiusInterupptus

B.M.F.

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Killians Red

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:16 PM

You are the latest victim of the "hidden screw bandit"...pull the screws out at the rear of the top, lift the rear and pull the the top backwards, revealing the enlightenment you seek.

5 minuites alone, all I need with those effin' engineers...
As every cockroach knows , thriving on poisons is the secret of success.

#3 TheIslandTinker

TheIslandTinker

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Cafe Cristina

Posted 08 December 2011 - 05:51 PM

Thanks Kurt! That did the trick. Greetings from the PNW to my favorite state east of the Mississippi!

Tink :tinkerbell:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics