Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Lost with the new appliances? The Samurai teaches you Circuit Fu…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ergot

Whirlpool Quietwash Plus 9744480 leak -- looks like it is coming from above the inlet valve

6 posts in this topic

Hail o wise appliomancers,

I recently discovered my dishwasher's been leaking for some time now. At first, I thought it was just the inlet valve, but observation revealed that water is dripping down onto the inlet hose from above -- some from a square cutout in the metal plate above, but some from elsewhere that I can't quite put eyes on without dismantling the thing. It leaks while filling and for a short while thereafter. After a few minutes, it's done dripping.

I also found a ruined little bit of rubber -- but that could easily just be some extra material cut off a hose by whomever installed it in the first place. It doesn't look like a bushing or washer or any such thing -- looks like a snipped off bit of hose.

I've attached pictures of the leak in action and of the rubber piece. Any insights? Am I going to need to tear this thing apart?

post-9971-0-92140100-1323130479_thumb.jp

post-9971-0-42384000-1323130480_thumb.jp

post-9971-0-91123500-1323130480_thumb.jp

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Whoops, looks like there is indeed a model number other than the one I posted -- DU920PFGZ3.

The number I posted initially is the part number on the documentation.

I can't get at what the other end of that hose runs to; how much disassembly is needed to do so?

Oh! If the other end of that hose is the water supply... I'll take a look when I get home. I think I understand what I need to do.

Thats the hose going from the watervalve to the inlet - need to slide the D/W out enough to access it on the side of the tub, once you get eyeballs upon it, issue will likely be evident

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0