Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool Quietwash Plus 9744480 leak -- looks like it is coming from above the inlet valve

dishwasher leak inlet valve whirlpool

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ergot

ergot

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:15 PM

Hail o wise appliomancers,

I recently discovered my dishwasher's been leaking for some time now. At first, I thought it was just the inlet valve, but observation revealed that water is dripping down onto the inlet hose from above -- some from a square cutout in the metal plate above, but some from elsewhere that I can't quite put eyes on without dismantling the thing. It leaks while filling and for a short while thereafter. After a few minutes, it's done dripping.

I also found a ruined little bit of rubber -- but that could easily just be some extra material cut off a hose by whomever installed it in the first place. It doesn't look like a bushing or washer or any such thing -- looks like a snipped off bit of hose.

I've attached pictures of the leak in action and of the rubber piece. Any insights? Am I going to need to tear this thing apart?

Attached Files

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:55 PM

Hard to say for sure without the Model Number, Ten Commandments for Reading Appliance Model Numbers smile.png

But probably this:

00901198.jpg

http://www.repaircli...g/304670/482125

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 ergot

ergot

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:07 AM

Whoops, looks like there is indeed a model number other than the one I posted -- DU920PFGZ3.

The number I posted initially is the part number on the documentation.

#4 ergot

ergot

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:38 PM

I can't get at what the other end of that hose runs to; how much disassembly is needed to do so?

#5 ergot

ergot

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:42 PM

Oh! If the other end of that hose is the water supply... I'll take a look when I get home. I think I understand what I need to do.

#6 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 06 December 2011 - 05:07 PM

Thats the hose going from the watervalve to the inlet - need to slide the D/W out enough to access it on the side of the tub, once you get eyeballs upon it, issue will likely be evident
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics