Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Duet Sport Dryer Model #: WED8300SW2 - Skips time in automatic cycles

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tarheel Technician

Tarheel Technician

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:36 AM

This dryer will cut off way too early in the automatic cycles. I put it in diagnostics a few times and the moisture sensor checks ok everytime. No visible pits in the sensor either. It is cycling on and off at the correct temperature, and the vent is not obstructed. I taped a quarter across the moisture sensor to simulate wet clothes, and it still skips the time. On normal, it starts at 35 minutes, runs for about 5 minutes and then skips all the way down to 5 minutes remaining (this is with the quarter taped over the sensor).

Normally, I would try a moisture sensor before a board, but with it still skipping time with the quarter taped over it, I figure it's got to be the control board.

I've come to the conclusion the control board is faulty. Just wanted to get other opinions.

Thanks!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Strathy

Strathy

Senpai

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coffee

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:50 AM

Check page 8 of the Tech sheet for the procedure to diagnose between board, sensor or harness. I would say about 70% of the time it is the board, but I've also done a number of harnesses. Never had a bad sensor on that unit yet ... If you need the techsheet, maybe someone can post it for you - or I can do it when I get home tonight.
Neighbour's Appliance Service
Servicing Southern Manitoba, Canada

#3 Tarheel Technician

Tarheel Technician

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:11 AM

Thanks. Harness checks ok. Just got the new control board in......will hopefully get it going in the next day or 2.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics