Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Goodman furnace gmt070-3 Blower works, gas comes on, no spark.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 NickG

NickG

Sōhei

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:43 PM

Just wondering if this could be as simple as an ignitor or if you would start elsewhere.

The blower comes on. The valve is heard opening. Gas flows in. Then nothing. No spark. Gas stops. Red status light remains solid. NO blinking.

Where to start? Replace ignitor?

Thanks!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Dan Webster

Dan Webster

Paw Paw

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Busch

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:12 PM

Unplug the ignitor quick connection and see if the ignitor has continuity. If it does then see if power is going to the ignitor. Hunt down all rollout/limit switches and makes sure they all are not tripped. If you find a tripped limit look for reasons why such as a partially blocked smoke stack, rusted burners etc. If all the switches are fine then the control board may need to be replaced.

Edited by applianceman18007260692, 07 December 2011 - 02:12 PM.

"May the hinges of our friendship never grow rusty"
-old Irish saying

Buy me a Beer: http://web.me.com/ze...man18007260692/

#3 NickG

NickG

Sōhei

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 06:45 PM

Thanks. I went for the ignitor and replaced it hoping that was it. That was it. Appreciate the reply!
I need to figure out how to test this stuff. I've done a lot of work on many things, but electric circuitry is where I have little to no experiance.

#4 Dan Webster

Dan Webster

Paw Paw

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Busch

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:43 PM

Well I am glad you could git her did!

Attached Files

"May the hinges of our friendship never grow rusty"
-old Irish saying

Buy me a Beer: http://web.me.com/ze...man18007260692/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics