Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE DPGT750EC wont blow air

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mhoward84

mhoward84

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 03:57 PM

My dryer won't blow air. It has been slowly dying for a few months but now the blower just won't start. It would blow for a period of time and then stop working, on and off.
I ran the dryer diagnostic and it told me the obvious: your blower motor isn't getting up to speed.
I just replaced the blower motor in my infinite wisdom and am still having the problem.
I feel no air coming out of the dryer. When it does blow it gets hot though, so I don't think anything heat related is the problem.
Also the drum motor is working perfect.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Edit 3: Also it has not been responding too well to pushing the power button. Sometimes it will turn on and sometimes it will take a few minutes of me pressing the button.

Edited by mhoward84, 08 December 2011 - 10:55 PM.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,848 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:30 AM

The blower motor is a DC, variable speed motor that operates at different speeds depending on air temperature and venting back pressure. If the blower is running below 1000 rpm, the dryer control turns the heater off. So, if your vent has excessively high back pressure, this could confuse the control and cause it to turn the heater off. Try running the dryer with the vent disconnected from the back and see if the heating cycle improves.

#3 mhoward84

mhoward84

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 05:01 PM

Thank you so much for the response Fermented. I posted that there is no air coming out of the dryer. I should have clarified to say that there is no air coming directly out of the back of the dryer.
I can get the motor to blow air if I run it for like 5-10 hours and then it will work for a few loads but I can't run it that much and need to depend on the dryer of course.
Currently the brand new blower is in, I need to pull it out and return/resell it.

Thanks again! And any additional suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,848 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 10 December 2011 - 05:20 PM

Okay, that clears things up. Since you've already replaced the blower motor, that only leaves the inverter board as the problem. Come git you one ==> http://www.repaircli...er=DPGT750EC0PL

If it doesn't fix the problem, return it for a refund!

#5 mhoward84

mhoward84

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 08:28 PM

Ouch! You cut me like a knife! $250 on a 7 year old dryer =(
I unfortunately thought it might be that thingy.

Well, thanks so much!!!

#6 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:24 PM

Ouch! You cut me like a knife! $250

.. GE parts pricing .. :woot:

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics