Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

defrost not working on LG LSC27910TT

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 vunger1

vunger1

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:maxwell house regular blend

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:01 PM

called out to look at this fridge , and evaporator coils are iced over.This service call is close to home ,so I suggested that the customer allow the ice to melt.
I return the next day to diagnose, and upon doing a continuity test , of the heat sheathe ...Meter reads about 40 o.h.m.s.
I then proceed to check heater fuse ,but i cant find it, also cant find the control board........Can someone point me in the right direction to get this unit repaired ?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:47 PM

Check this post: http://www.applianto...010#entry158010

And this one: http://www.applianto...__1#entry188668
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 vunger1

vunger1

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:31 AM

Can someone school me on where the control board is located. It is beginning to be a bit embarrasing ,to have to tell the customer I cant find the fuse or the control bd.
Is the fuse wired in line just before the heat sheathe by the evaporator coils?

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,061 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:33 PM

PMed you the service manual. That awwta be good for some collitch-level skoolin'! Posted Image

#5 vunger1

vunger1

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 03:20 PM

Thanks for the manual, I replaced the board,....more out of guesswork than proper troubleshooting technique.
I did this b4 I got the manual. I was skeptical,as I was thinking it might have been a thermistor problem.
But it has been a month and no call back yet. I hope this is a good thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics