Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Loud Whine during Wash Whirlpool DU1055XTSQ2

whirlpool quiet partner I

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 FreddyK

FreddyK

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Lite

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:28 PM

Well, My Whirlpool Quiet Partner I is at it again. Now it's a loud whine. I've seen some posts stating to check the grinder assembly, but not sure on the instructions on how to do it. I pulled the screen/upper rack arm, and tried what I thought was the cover for the grinder, there is a flap towards the front that moves, but not much else. If not the grinder, new pump? There is a bit of rust on the bottom of the pump, but not sure if that has anything to do with anything. Thanks in advance.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:03 PM

See this post: http://www.applianto...__fromsearch__1

Perhaps a "not-so-quiet partner" ?
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 FreddyK

FreddyK

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Lite

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:15 AM

Well, took it all apart, the screens were full of something that I cleaned out (both food chopper assembly and Filter (Reminded me of the lint in my sink for the clothes washer), but the noise remains.
There was a bit of corrosion on the bottom part of the motor. I'm guessing the bearing (But will yield to the Grand Master as always)

Maybe I can sue Whirlpool for false advertising (Not being quiet and all). My mom bought a Bausch and I can't hear it at all.

#4 Strathy

Strathy

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coffee

Posted 10 December 2011 - 09:48 AM

.... give the Bosch a bit of time. lol. If you look under your dishwasher - directly under the motor where it joins to the pump and see a little pile of dried soap or skum on the floor: yes you need a new pump assembly. 15 mins to change out. Have fun! Oh, and don't cut yourself on the edge of the stainless when you pull the pump out. Whirlpool sharpens it to a razor edge just for service guys.
Neighbour's Appliance Service
Servicing Southern Manitoba, Canada

#5 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:07 AM

.... and don't cut yourself on the edge of the stainless when you pull the pump out.
Whirlpool sharpens it to a razor edge just for service guys.

I think they are ex-engineers from the Wilkinson Sword Razor Company

Posted Image

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,016 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:23 AM

Part link for the motor-pump assembly ==> new motor-pump assembly

How-to video:

More details on how to do this repair ==> http://fixitnow.com/...ilt-dishwasher/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics