for 4 years now we lived happy with our Miele dryer.
(new old stock, the model is older)
Quick summary of symptoms and diag. done so far.
- Unit stopped drying properly, no previous occurrences, no heat!
- Upon opening it became apparent that condensation was everywhere
- exhaust pipe had separated from blower casing (probably due to household move in recent past?!
- took off top & bottom, cleaned inside, drying for a day.
- hooked up unit, does not throw an error code.
- Hmm, smells like burned hairdryer after I shut it off. Back of the drum does get hot.
- Blockage unlikely, pumped out air volume is plenty.
- At one time the heating element can be seen glowing dark orange after a few seconds when opening the door while running. After that it works during more test runs.
- Put machine together completely and connect everything - again no heat!.
- Touching the drum I feel a slight tingling resonance when plugged in, this time I wonder and measure:
- Voltmeter shows 50-60VAC between me and the drum - oups!
- Dryer responds to all control, no problem
At this point I am a tad uncertain what to assume.
Over the day I had heating element, sensor, thermal resistor etc. in my had...
Now I add faulty connections and possibly fried boards to my suspicions.
- Any ideas on how to proceed, what the culprit most likely is?
- This is my first time inside a dryer. I was not entirely sure what I would get into, removing the drum, so I decided to work with limited access and limited space. Is there a manual somewhere for this series Novotronic dryers?