Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
jpk

Fisher&Paykel E522B - Ice maker not working.

6 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I've had a browse through the Ice Maker FAQ's but am not entirely sure where to start. I had a quick look last night and made sure there was water supply/pressure coming out of the pre fridge filter.

I had a look at the ice tray, and made sure it was inserted correctly, then I tried to force a manual cycle as suggested by the fridge manual.(pressing the < and > right buttons. Although there was a reference to the button lock symbol, so I tried ti with the buttons locked and unlocked, no difference.

It has apparently not been as cold as "usual", and I got the impression that It wouldn't freeze ice the old school way in a tray. However I adjusted the freezer temp down as it seemed a tad high also.

I felt up inside the ice maker "tray" and there didn't appear to be any water in it.

Any suggestions where to start?

I presume I should check for pressure/flow at the solenoid by removing the tube there.

Where does the freezing in the tubes usually occur? before or after the solenoid?

Thanks.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

May have a frozen water line, common problem in this model

Wow, that's quite the kit! - they never do mention what happens if the nylon wire stops at the 28" mark ....

Hi Guys, thanks for the response.

I got a chance to have another look today. I tinkered around and connected the chilled water solenoid to the ice maker (after changing the keyed tabs), the water made its way to the ice tray no probs. So I returned it all to its original state.

This currently rules out issues with the solenoid, and lines..... However I did notice, that what I now know is the icemaker controller card after watching Samurai Appliance Repair Mans video, is blinking red 4 times. I'm presuming this must be some form of alarm. I noticed this on the previous visit, but didn't think much of it.

Any further thoughts? Dead controller, something else?

Cheers.

Does the blinking light on the back mean anything, or is that just normal?

Thanks.

likely to be a broken ice maker sensor

the old sensor wire was brittle and often breaks up near the sensor at the ice maker