Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Fisher&Paykel E522B - Ice maker not working.

Fridge Ice Maker E522B Australia Wont Make Ice

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jpk

jpk

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Carlton Draught

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:20 PM

Hi All,
I've had a browse through the Ice Maker FAQ's but am not entirely sure where to start. I had a quick look last night and made sure there was water supply/pressure coming out of the pre fridge filter.

I had a look at the ice tray, and made sure it was inserted correctly, then I tried to force a manual cycle as suggested by the fridge manual.(pressing the < and > right buttons. Although there was a reference to the button lock symbol, so I tried ti with the buttons locked and unlocked, no difference.

It has apparently not been as cold as "usual", and I got the impression that It wouldn't freeze ice the old school way in a tray. However I adjusted the freezer temp down as it seemed a tad high also.

I felt up inside the ice maker "tray" and there didn't appear to be any water in it.

Any suggestions where to start?

I presume I should check for pressure/flow at the solenoid by removing the tube there.

Where does the freezing in the tubes usually occur? before or after the solenoid?

Thanks.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,807 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:16 PM

May have a frozen water line, common problem in this model

#3 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 17 December 2011 - 08:42 PM

Wow, that's quite the kit! - they never do mention what happens if the nylon wire stops at the 28" mark ....
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#4 jpk

jpk

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:50 AM

Hi Guys, thanks for the response.

I got a chance to have another look today. I tinkered around and connected the chilled water solenoid to the ice maker (after changing the keyed tabs), the water made its way to the ice tray no probs. So I returned it all to its original state.

This currently rules out issues with the solenoid, and lines..... However I did notice, that what I now know is the icemaker controller card after watching Samurai Appliance Repair Mans video, is blinking red 4 times. I'm presuming this must be some form of alarm. I noticed this on the previous visit, but didn't think much of it.

Any further thoughts? Dead controller, something else?

Cheers.

#5 jpk

jpk

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:21 PM

Does the blinking light on the back mean anything, or is that just normal?

Thanks.

#6 J5

J5

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 04:23 PM

likely to be a broken ice maker sensor

the old sensor wire was brittle and often breaks up near the sensor at the ice maker

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fridge, Ice Maker, E522B, Australia, Wont Make Ice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics