Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Randymo

Whirlpool Senseon Dryer GEW9868KQ3 Motor won't start

8 posts in this topic

My whirlpool senseon dryer quit working..........motor will not run. The control panel appears to operate correctly, and I can hear the releay energize when I push start. I have pulled the front lower kick panel off and tested for continuity across the thermal fuse, and I have continuity. However I didn't disconnect the wires from the fuse when I tested. Do I need to do that for proper check of the fuse. If the fuse is good, what is my next option?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

You should disconnect one side of the fuse techically, but if you measured a closed circuit as it was it is likely good (0 Ohms)

See if you belt has broken, make sure motor harness is fully inserted, look for 120v on blue and white motor wires when started

... what is my next option?

model number ?

Thanks.........belt is fine, I can spin the drum by turning the shaft of the motor no problem. I checked to make sure the motor harness was pushed in all the way. All that seems fine. I am out of town, but will get the model number and post it as soon as I can. Thanks for the help.

The Model number of this dryer is GEW9868KQ3.

may be a bad Door Switch ...

OR

While someone holds the Start Button, test for 120v AC from each side of the white Thermal Fuse to chassis (ground)

Model number added to topic title.